Driver Side Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the past month or so my '11 SuperCab has developed a rattle on the driver side. It sounds a little bit like plastic hitting against plastic and makes itself heard everytime I hit a bump (i.e. almost constantly). At first I thought tt may be coming from the gauge cluster (I’ve removed the trim from around the cluster but to no avail), or that it may be coming from around the knee bolster area. I've pushed, pulled, and grabbed all around and can't seem to find the source. Anybody else have this issue and/or know where the source might be? Thanks.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
On acceleration the plastic on the dash vibrates against my windshield and makes a noise like you are describing. But thats just from my exhaust. Yours could be looser and do it when hitting bumps in the road possibly.

The dealership has some type of device that locates rattles and they have kits they use to kill the squeak/rattle. I dont think its all that expensive either.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... I've pushed, pulled, and grabbed all around and can't seem to find the source...

Hi krww06,

As someone else suggested, it might be worthwhile to get this into the hands of your dealership. If you don't want to make a special trip, you can mention it the next time you're in for a maintenance visit. What's the current mileage on your truck?

Crystal

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck rattles so much now, drives me crazy, rear passenger scab door panel, front passenger door panel, passenger speaker cover from loud music, and the dash. I need to take it in.

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My drivers door make noise as well....the noise sounds more like the door is hitting against the latch (like driving with the door not fully closed)....anyone else have similar experience?

The door is perfectly aligned with the body btw.....

OP
OP
K

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

I'll definitely give that a try.

Hi krww06,

As someone else suggested, it might be worthwhile to get this into the hands of your dealership. If you don't want to make a special trip, you can mention it the next time you're in for a maintenance visit. What's the current mileage on your truck?

Crystal

12,500miles. FWIW, it's also a "street queen" as they say.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score