Driver door won’t unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bituman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just start having an issue with the passenger door handle but it's the passive entry that is not working. Locks just fine using the fob or the buttons inside but I can't just put my hand on the handle to open anymore. Driver side works normal. Only have 16K on my 2019. Maybe the wiring harness just disconnected or something but I hate that they have to start removing door panels to get in there and trouble shoot. Good luck with your repair.
Resurrecting this old thread. TXAggie (or anyone else) did you ever figure this out. I am having the same problem except it’s the driver’s side door handle that doesn’t unlock or lock the truck. Passenger side works fine. This is a 2023 Raptor with fewer than 300 miles, i.e., brand new 2 weeks ago. This feature was working until last Saturday (3/25/2023) when it no longer wasn’t. One thing to note, last week I had PPF installed on the entire exterior. I’ve looked closely to see if the PPF installers covered the sensors but they didn’t. Probably this doesn’t have anything to do with this, but thought I’d mention anyway. Ideas?

Bituman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh, just realized this post was in the Gen 2 forums. Anyway, hope one of you Gen 2 folks have an idea. I’ll try the Gen 3 forum later.

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting this old thread. TXAggie (or anyone else) did you ever figure this out. I am having the same problem except it’s the driver’s side door handle that doesn’t unlock or lock the truck. Passenger side works fine. This is a 2023 Raptor with fewer than 300 miles, i.e., brand new 2 weeks ago. This feature was working until last Saturday (3/25/2023) when it no longer wasn’t. One thing to note, last week I had PPF installed on the entire exterior. I’ve looked closely to see if the PPF installers covered the sensors but they didn’t. Probably this doesn’t have anything to do with this, but thought I’d mention anyway. Ideas?
The issue was resolved when my battery was charged to the optimum level aka, drive my truck more often and regularly. Certain functions apparently are disabled as the battery power diminishes. So, after a few long, sustained drives the passenger handle was "alive" again. This may not be your particular root cause but it was for me.

Bituman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The issue was resolved when my battery was charged to the optimum level aka, drive my truck more often and regularly. Certain functions apparently are disabled as the battery power diminishes. So, after a few long, sustained drives the passenger handle was "alive" again. This may not be your particular root cause but it was for me.
Thank you for your response. Actually my truck sits a lot too so that would be a real possibility if not for the fact that the passenger side works okay. I’ve decided to not worry about it for now and just bring it up with the dealer the first time it goes in for routine service. But I really do appreciate the help. I noticed you are from Harker Heights. I bought the Bronco in my avatar from a Ft. Hood soldier in 1996. I lived in Austin then and we met somewhere in Harker Heights to do the deal. It didn’t look anything like the avatar then!

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. Actually my truck sits a lot too so that would be a real possibility if not for the fact that the passenger side works okay. I’ve decided to not worry about it for now and just bring it up with the dealer the first time it goes in for routine service. But I really do appreciate the help. I noticed you are from Harker Heights. I bought the Bronco in my avatar from a Ft. Hood soldier in 1996. I lived in Austin then and we met somewhere in Harker Heights to do the deal. It didn’t look anything like the avatar then!
Curious if there was a resolution? My 2022 driver door handle no longer locks or unlocks the vehicle. The passenger side works jus fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter