Driver door won’t unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_Frost

Reaction score
I went to unlock the truck with the fob and all doors unlocked except the drivers. They all lock just fine but the driver door doesn’t unlock by the door switch or the fob. Has anyone had this issue?

2020 raptor 801a screw

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had a door latch cable fail on the passenger side, but not the lock. When my wife opened the door to get out, it wouldn’t latch closed and the door would bounce open. When I went to close it, the door would close and latch, making my wife think Lucile hated her. Eventually, at TSB repair for the door latch freezing, s/a found I had a bad latch cable, one of 2 per door. Inside latch handle cable bad. Outside door handle worked. Had to ‘fess up to the wife that in fact, Lucille did hate her.

Have not had issue with the locks though. It sounds like an actuator issue.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to unlock the truck with the fob and all doors unlocked except the drivers. They all lock just fine but the driver door doesn’t unlock by the door switch or the fob. Has anyone had this issue?

2020 raptor 801a screw
Does it open with the key? If it opens with the key, I'm with @smurfslayer and it's probably an actuator going bad.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems like it wants to move up I can hear it trying just doesn’t. Kinda strange with only 23k miles. It does open with the key and locks with both the door switch and key fob.
There's been a couple other members that have had an actuator replaced, it's a simple part to replace, especially if your under warranty. Stuff happens, not the end of the world, hope you can get in quick and get it fixed. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
J_Frost

J_Frost

Reaction score
There's been a couple other members that have had an actuator replaced, it's a simple part to replace, especially if your under warranty. Stuff happens, not the end of the world, hope you can get in quick and get it fixed. Keep us posted.
Will do. Earliest appointment I could get is late December

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2020 raptor 801a screw

I believe its covered regardless. if it is the actuator. I have a notice on my ford pass app. power door lock actuator failure. code is 20M04

I have to get it in there to take care of it. I have 3 FSA noitices

1-powertrain module reprogram for cam phaser rattle. 21B10
2-Power door lock actuator failure 20M04
3-PCM reprogram due to engine shudder 21N08

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe its covered regardless. if it is the actuator. I have a notice on my ford pass app. power door lock actuator failure. code is 20M04

I have to get it in there to take care of it. I have 3 FSA noitices

1-powertrain module reprogram for cam phaser rattle. 21B10
2-Power door lock actuator failure 20M04
3-PCM reprogram due to engine shudder 21N08
I believe 1 and 2 are recalls.

Had both myself and Ford fixed them under Warranty.

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2020 raptor 801a screw
I just start having an issue with the passenger door handle but it's the passive entry that is not working. Locks just fine using the fob or the buttons inside but I can't just put my hand on the handle to open anymore. Driver side works normal. Only have 16K on my 2019. Maybe the wiring harness just disconnected or something but I hate that they have to start removing door panels to get in there and trouble shoot. Good luck with your repair.