Drive mode not avaialable"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this issue. They replaced the front driver shock solenoid. Super annoying because it would be find, all drive modes working, then out of nowhere that message would pop up and suspension would be locked in stiff as hell. Dealt with it for months while I waited for my dealership to get the stupid part.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Mine went for a 3 time
Is this because the plastic clip that secures the wire to the shock keeps breaking and letting the harness sag into a place where it can become damaged? Or are you getting bad solenoids? If it's the clip, I'd think about beefing up that connection to the shock.

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had this happen intermittently for the last few weeks. Doesn’t seem to be anything in particular that causes it, and the wires seem fine, though they were slightly wet today when I checked after it happened again. If there isn’t a short or water getting in somewhere, is it common for the solenoids to just go bad? 2021 35 package, had for 18 months, 14k miles and this just started happening a few weeks ago.

bobbyph1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had this alert pop up last night driving to gas station. I turned the truck off to fill it up and back on no alert everything worked. I’ll jump under and check noted sensor thanks guys

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine when out for the third time. Waiting for parts again . It's intermittent now

bobbyph1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Confirmed it’s the wire harness grounding out on both sides so clip must not have held up during Baja trip a few weeks ago? I clipped it back in but it will fall out am sure. Looks like I’ll be sending truck in for service. Good thing I found this thread

Attachments

• B9A42FEA-854A-4D3E-B415-E9418EE9B53E.jpeg
    B9A42FEA-854A-4D3E-B415-E9418EE9B53E.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 25

bobbyph1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A quick follow up took the truck in and they replaced the front sensor and harness under warranty. No issues have appeared post repair