Downloading updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twlhunter65

Reaction score
I downloaded the latest update to my 2011, it was sucsessfull as far as my pc says. When I look at my ford sync page it says i'm not running any of the two vesions. I also re-paired my LG phone and downloaded the phonebook and all.Now every time I get in the truck my phone says its connected and a few seconds later it says disconected!! I have tryed everthing to pair the phone with no results.Any help would be great,the dealer said 100.00 bucks to do it so screw them! thanx for any help.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume you are not covered by a warranty...otherwise I would say let the dealer install the updates...Every oil change I ask the service manager if there are any sync updates...if so go ahead and load em

The sync update through a USB drive flat out sucks...

Would try a full reset...unplug your ground terminal on your battery for about 10 minutes...
You could also pull the fuse...I think it is #9...

If the resets done right you will lose your memorized radio settings...

OP
OP
twlhunter65

twlhunter65

Reaction score
Thanx Fred, I am under warranty and they told me 100.00 dollars, i'm going to call them back tomorow and try again.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if you are under warranty and having problems...you should not be charged...good luck

Scozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on this? My Bluetooth decides when it will work and recently, that means never! I always have an USB in there so that allows me to play my music, but it sure does suck when I want to use the hands free option for a call.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
reset - unplug the (-) terminal for at least 10 minutes and reboot your phone as well and pair your phone again with the Bluetooth...

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try going into media and changing the source to [line in], might fix the phone connectivity problems

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanx Fred, I am under warranty and they told me 100.00 dollars, i'm going to call them back tomorow and try again.

After all of the issues you had with that dealership, I'm surprised they're not bending over backwards to make you happy. I am so glad I did buy my Raptor there.

Scozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reset - unplug the (-) terminal for at least 10 minutes and reboot your phone as well and pair your phone again with the Bluetooth...

Thanks, I will give that a try.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Try going into media and changing the source to [line in], might fix the phone connectivity problems

I tried that, didnt help. I appreciate the suggestion though.