dougs cutout problem :/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FML!! :025:

OK... I just installed my new Doug's cut out, that "luckily" i bought from my neighbor at a really good price, because he was moving away, never installed or anything brand new, with the Y pipe too. this was about 1 month ago, everything worked find and the sound was awesomee!

this past days here in my valley its been raining like crazy, so of course theres water piled up on some streets which i need to crossed to get home. everything find by then.

same routine, came home yesterday and closed the cutout..... today afterwork, It didnt want to open, so i was like "wtf?" i drove home hitting the switch and nothing!, so i decide to check everything....

fuse- ok
wiring-ok
switch and wires -ok
connector by cut out - ok

and then i decide to take out the rubber cover that located on the cutout,, and jackpot,, few drops of water came down and it was a little wet :/ :blah: i cleaned everything and test it... with NO luck.

i grabbed my tester and YES! theres power going in! but nothing happens!
who can i contact?! or what can i do about?!?!

thanks for the help guys

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the motor might have gotten shorted out by the liquids. Could try to dry it out with a vacuum or swap the motor

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i had a problem with their switch making contact...take the rocker switch cover off and using something non conductive (back of a plastic spoon) try pressing the switch...

OP
OP
svtchris1021

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already test the switch and im getting power to the motor :/ ... arent the fuse supposed to help if theres a short??

Last edited:

mkelly984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a problem with mine, took it apart to find out there was plastic gears in there, and they all melted... Don't know why they thought it would be a good idea to put plastic in an exhaust component but what what ever. To fix it I just ordered a new one from stainless works, seems to be much better quality and haven't had any issues since.

OP
OP
svtchris1021

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks... guess thats what im going to do today and see whats up hopefully nothings melted inside.. it just happen from Night to day... came home, closed it.. and inthe morning it didnt want to open :/

OP
OP
svtchris1021

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup motors fried :/ everthing inside is corroded :/

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Nvm!! I got the little steel gears and still functionall.. theres just alot or corrotion? Can it be cleaned or just get a new motor?!?!

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got Doug's m-Cutout (m= manual). Three bolts to remove the cover plate. Pretty fast and never screws up