Door Catching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when the truck is locked and i unlock with the alarm and go to open the driver door, it seems like it "catches" on the lock and wont open the first time. I have to pull on the handle a second time to get it to open.

Only happens on driver door. Anyone have this happen? Whats the fix?

Sent with Tapatalk and my iPad --George (Pinenut with a Y)

Devilsfan72

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my door latch replaced on the left front for this issue, haven't had a problem since it was replaced.

Scott

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I started having this issue after TRR. I just thought that it might be all the dust that got into everything. It happens with all of the doors some of the time.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most likely it is the door lock actuator. severe vibration can cause the actuator to fail. the problem will only get worse over time.

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will add that it is intermittent. Im goin in for an oil change so ill see what they say about this...oh and i got a nail in the tire

Sent with Tapatalk and my iPad --George (Pinenut with a Y)

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ford has always had some kind of issue wih the door lock actuator or the internal pin for quite some time now. i used to have to replace them on a frequent basis in the past. for many years they have used a combination of actuator and pin switch in one unit. i have seen too many of them fail to be called a fluke. it appears this problem hasnt been fully addressed yet, since this is not the first time i have heard of this.

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any news huck? Took it in today but gotta reschedule cause I didn't wanna leave the truck at the dealer

Sent from my Samsung Raptor phone

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They couldn't recreate the problem, but the service manager saw me almost fall on my ass opening the door and it catching when I dropped it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc