Does the '18 Raptor get this tailgate and DRLs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 Raptor will not change appearance wise at all. Ford reps have already told my salesmen (I work in Service).

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the ford salesmen: the pinnacle of the inside knowledge on Ford vehicles.

Ok, come back to this and realize I'm right when the order banks open. It was from the Ford Rep that came in to specifically talk about 2018 product. I feel like the have a little more know being that this is their job.

ericwudi0830

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ewwww...

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...erscores-new-2018-f150s-built-ford-tough.html

Looks like they're adding the Super Duty style 'string of pearls' DRLs to the '18 F150 instead of something nice looking.

Also, it looks like they're stamping F-150 into all the non-applique tailgates (and then also putting an F150 badge on it, because you can never say it often enough).

Hoping that the Raptor at least keeps the current headlights. And if they're stamping the F150 in the non-applique tailgates, I guess I'm getting the big FORD.

Eww indeed. that is butt ugly

OP
OP
O

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed last night that the only photo of a Raptor on Ford's 2018 page shows no change to the headlights. So at least there's that.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, come back to this and realize I'm right when the order banks open. It was from the Ford Rep that came in to specifically talk about 2018 product. I feel like the have a little more know being that this is their job.

99% of the Ford salesmen know hardly anything about raptors or any special vehicle. You in service probably know more about these vehicles than the majority of your sales people. Maybe your dealership has better than normal sales employees but most dealerships are terrible-- hence the sarcasm.

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Spotted a 2018 F-150 in Dearborn so I got to see the new tailgate in person. Not a fan at all. Hope it's not carrying over to the Raptor.

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 55