2021 Raptor vs 2021 F150 Tremor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dang, I have a blue '20 lol. I'm telling you, next time you are out and about sitting in traffic, look around you at the colors of the other vehicles. 80 percent or more will be shades of gray or black. It's so boring. I was driving behind our Raptor the first drive from the dealership down a 3x3 highway. The blue Raptor stuck out like a sore thumb from the cars around it and the wave of dull grays etc coming the other way. It was eye opening.

Not only is grey boring, but it's the stylish color of the last few years. And it's been long enough now that what's in style should be about to change. In five years you'll glance at a grey vehicle and think "that's old, mid-late teens". That's less likely to happen with a classic color. The penalty you pay is that someone looks at you in your attractive vehicle today and thinks "he has no sense of style". I can live with that. Because I don't, women don't expect it, and the guys who think that aren't attractive to me. :D

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I enjoy the power of the Raptor, if I can get the tow mirrors and massaging seats on the Tremor, I'm going to jump ship. I can always get a "tune" for more power. I may even consider an F-250 Tremor with the 7.3.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While I enjoy the power of the Raptor, if I can get the tow mirrors and massaging seats on the Tremor, I'm going to jump ship. I can always get a "tune" for more power. I may even consider an F-250 Tremor with the 7.3.

Not a bad choice at all. The Tremor looks like a really nice package for folks who could give a rip about catching air in a pickup. It may well be Ford positioning a decent off road truck in a more affordable price range than the gen3. I'm thinking that we might be in for some sticker shock ...

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tremor is the refined answer for someone who doesn’t need nor want a Raptor. I was actually just trying to build and price one on Fords website before I saw this thread.

I love my Gen 1, however in the tight trees and thick trails I use it in off-road, which is quite often, it’s a little too bulky and it definitely takes more abuse than other trucks because of it. I also run in a lot of slower areas with g-outs and silt washes in the roads where a softer, progressive suspension shines around the 20-30 MPH mark. Had I not recently bought my Gen 1 when the tremor was announced, then I may be waiting for one.

Now given the estimated $4,400 or so worth of cost for the Tremor options may not be worth it since I’d go to a 17” wheel eventually and upgrade the shocks to a 2.5 anyways, but a decently optioned ‘21 XLT without the tremor package I just built on the Ford website was almost $59,000 MSRP with the new Powerboost. If you could wait it out until rebate time and get OTD around $51-52K, or say $56K with the tremor package, then that’s a good chunk of savings over any new Gen 2 or Gen 3, especially depending on where the price point will be for the Gen 3. Throw $4,000 on it with an Icon Stage 4 system or similar set up and you have a killer truck that makes plenty of power and can run & handle just about anything fairly well.

Given it will in no way hold it’s value like a Raptor and that money on the stuff you add under the truck goes bye-bye, but a $16-20K savings up front over a Raptor for a truck that is still well built and that will absolutely satisfy the needs of 90% of the people driving it is hard to beat for the majority of people buying a new truck.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
The Tremor is the refined answer for someone who doesn’t need nor want a Raptor. I was actually just trying to build and price one on Fords website before I saw this thread.

I love my Gen 1, however in the tight trees and thick trails I use it in off-road, which is quite often, it’s a little too bulky and it definitely takes more abuse than other trucks because of it. I also run in a lot of slower areas with g-outs and silt washes in the roads where a softer, progressive suspension shines around the 20-30 MPH mark. Had I not recently bought my Gen 1 when the tremor was announced, then I may be waiting for one.

Now given the estimated $4,400 or so worth of cost for the Tremor options may not be worth it since I’d go to a 17” wheel eventually and upgrade the shocks to a 2.5 anyways, but a decently optioned ‘21 XLT without the tremor package I just built on the Ford website was almost $59,000 MSRP with the new Powerboost. If you could wait it out until rebate time and get OTD around $51-52K, or say $56K with the tremor package, then that’s a good chunk of savings over any new Gen 2 or Gen 3, especially depending on where the price point will be for the Gen 3. Throw $4,000 on it with an Icon Stage 4 system or similar set up and you have a killer truck that makes plenty of power and can run & handle just about anything fairly well.

Given it will in no way hold it’s value like a Raptor and that money on the stuff you add under the truck goes bye-bye, but a $16-20K savings up front over a Raptor for a truck that is still well built and that will absolutely satisfy the needs of 90% of the people driving it is hard to beat for the majority of people buying a new truck.

I go not see anywhere where you can build a 2021 F150 with Tremor Package?

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

From what I've read on the F150 Tremor it won't have either, since it's not a trim but a model... which is backwards of how Ford offers the Tremor package on the Super Duty.

When I look at the F150 Tremor and compare it to my F350 Tremor, my Super Duty isn't nearly as nice. Those embossed seats, dash accents and grill trim are a nice touch.

But with the SD you can get a Tremor on any trim level so you can have those massage seats. Pros and cons between them.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Can the tremor F150 be purchased with the 7.2 KW Powerboost, now that would work for me as I don't do any desert running or jumping.

The only off roading is Mark Twain forest trails.

May have a low mileage 2019 Raptor for sale, you never know.

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the tremor F150 be purchased with the 7.2 KW Powerboost, now that would work for me as I don't do any desert running or jumping.

The only off roading is Mark Twain forest trails.

May have a low mileage 2019 Raptor for sale, you never know.

From what I recall, no. I think they’re going to only have the 3.5L initially from what I remember hearing during the release on it. I’m assuming that they’ll eventually add it to the line up and if they do then hopefully my Raptor is paid for by that point. Lol.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tremor gives you massaging seats.... The Raptor will give you the Happy Ending.