2021 Raptor vs 2021 F150 Tremor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m highly tempted to get a 21 limited and level it with 35s. Same motor with more options. I’m getting old and I think this post shows that haha

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m highly tempted to get a 21 limited and level it with 35s. Same motor with more options. I’m getting old and I think this post shows that haha

Same motor as the ‘21 Raptor? Nope. Was told the new limited’s come with the non 3.5 H.O. Think Ford wanted the Raptor to be exclusive at least for an while. Now doing the 3.5 PB in the limited or better yet the Tremor would be interesting.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same motor as the ‘21 Raptor? Nope. Was told the new limited’s come with the non 3.5 H.O. Think Ford wanted the Raptor to be exclusive at least for an while. Now doing the 3.5 PB in the limited or better yet the Tremor would be interesting.
I had no clue it wasn’t the HO for 21. That’s good to know for sure.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had no clue it wasn’t the HO for 21. That’s good to know for sure.

Yeah I remember someone on here stating the 19s or 20s.. maybe both had the HO engine?.. someone who knows more will chime in.

But I did read that for 21 it was gone.. if you plan on moving on from your Gen 2 though, the powerboost sounds like such an awesome way to go!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I remember someone on here stating the 19s or 20s.. maybe both had the HO engine?.. someone who knows more will chime in.

But I did read that for 21 it was gone.. if you plan on moving on from your Gen 2 though, the powerboost sounds like such an awesome way to go!

Yes the ‘19 and ‘20 Limited had the 3.5 H.O. These were the fastest trucks of these years, due to weighing less.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be just only me, but I have a feeling that the new 2021 Raptor is going to be more expensive than the Gen 2’s were. Why? Well the F150 Tremor will be coming out in the summer as well. And while no pricing has been made available yet, the Tremor looks like it could fit in the $50,000-$60,000 range if not more depending on options. From reading the media content in the link below it kind of sounds like a cheap knock off of the Raptor. I know that some guys will buy the Tremor and it will suit them just fine and they will never use it off road just like some Raptor owners do. I just don’t understand where the F150 Tremor is going to sit in the line up of the rest of the F150 brand when an 4wd XLT can be optioned well into the $50,000 range.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/12/08/all-new-2021-ford-f-150-tremor.html?vhptid=fv-2752-vhp-bb-f150:singlestaticfeature:na:na:ford f-150

A new XLT optioned up is 62. Lariats are at 71. Tremor is going to be every bit of high 60s low 70s. Its less of an afford, and more of a taste thing. Raptors aren't the be all end all and the Tremor will fit the needs of a variety of people, with plenty of hauling capability and a lower key look.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
A new XLT optioned up is 62. Lariats are at 71. Tremor is going to be every bit of high 60s low 70s. Its less of an afford, and more of a taste thing. Raptors aren't the be all end all and the Tremor will fit the needs of a variety of people, with plenty of hauling capability and a lower key look.

I was thinking Lariat Tremor, but I could see myself being pissed every time I’d see a Raptor.

OP
OP
MarkM98

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All good points. The improvements and tweaks on the 21 Raptor seems like something I would like to have. I really need to see one in person, but that is still months away. The F150 Tremor for me is a bust. Ford could have gave an engine choice for it as I’m sure it would sell with the 5.0 V8 really well and with the PB 3.5. But the standard 3.5 EB is boring. I can’t recall if the F150 Tremor has any of the Raptor frame enhancements or is it just the standard F150 frame?

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good points. The improvements and tweaks on the 21 Raptor seems like something I would like to have. I really need to see one in person, but that is still months away. The F150 Tremor for me is a bust. Ford could have gave an engine choice for it as I’m sure it would sell with the 5.0 V8 really well and with the PB 3.5. But the standard 3.5 EB is boring. I can’t recall if the F150 Tremor has any of the Raptor frame enhancements or is it just the standard F150 frame?

We don't know yet but a good question. Back in December when the Tremor came out all Ford said was it got off-road modes and a torsen front diff (other stuff too, im generalizing).

Now we learn the Raptor gets a bespoke frame, so who knows lol... well Ford does but God forbid they tells us anything lol.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking Tremor after my Gen 2 but now that I have seen the Gen 3, there is no way I am downgrading to a Chevy trail boss with a Ford logo, I don’t really need the capabilities of a gen 3, but I want it, I want to know when I am in the shit, my truck is laughing saying ‘no worries we got this, like my Gen 2 has-I want factory 37s, and if the 3.5 is stuck at 450/510 output I will get the R, you only live once...