Does a Raptor "Really Need" 4-Low and a "Rock Crawl" Terrain Mode??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is an amazing beast. I always find myself in 4-Low in the Rocks and Sand of the Desert. The Trail Control I have actually used and it’s saved my azzz on one occasion when I was about to slide off a ridge to a very painful landing. It’s kind of fun, takes the skill out of Roading, all you’re left to do is pick the line. I have yet to try it for escaping mud or sand. There is a cool YouTube video using the Trail-Control to get a buried Raptor out of the sand. I told the Raptor Assault folks that’s the one thing I thought would be a great addition to the class. Just Demonstrating it once for the class.
If your Emperor ever sets y’all free come on down to the Desert with @CoronaRaptor
Looking forward to some trips south of the line - I got ***** out of Raptor Assault since corona hit just as I was fixing to come down. Let's go Trudeau...

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Looking forward to some trips south of the line - I got ***** out of Raptor Assault since corona hit just as I was fixing to come down. Let's go Trudeau...
I can promise you a better time than Raptor Assault... We have an endless Adventure Playground all w/in close proximity to the strip. Gas her up and head South:banana-mario:

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Raptor Assault is for getting familiarized on the truck's ability in a group setting. You can quickly do the same by throwing yourself in those requiring terrains on your own trip, and at your pace without the group lag taking the time.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can promise you a better time than Raptor Assault... We have an endless Adventure Playground all w/in close proximity to the strip. Gas her up and head South:banana-mario:
As much as it is nice to beat on someone else's truck, the RA was more for shts n giggles. I haven't pushed the limits on my truck on 'overlanding' trips in remote areas - just not a good plan for actually getting home. I've done some weekend burns and have gotten after it. The truck continues to impress me.

Looking forward to some time in the lower 48. Schedule isn't good right now, but a good problem to have, as they say.

Recently on a guys' weekend and made it to the top of a mountain/old fire lookout. Buddies were blown away by the truck.

(and ya, used low range - steep stuff (up and down)

l-fdXSaG6ZoIhzjxc0e5iMo1V=w1688-h949-no?authuser=0.jpg

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
I’m just back from the Raptor Assault last week and it was really good fun I thought. Done a decent bit of off-roading in my days in the military in the Land Rover Defender 110 & 90 (British Army - I’m a dirty Red Coat ) but the instructors were knowledgeable and good sports and I got a great driving partner for the day which actually added to it after the initial disappointment of realising I didn’t get to drive all day myself
It was fun playing with the different modes as I’ve only really had an opportunity to throw the Raptor in Baja and enjoy the snow when we got hit with the freeze earlier this year, or when visiting the beach in Port Aransas and having a little rip! Need to find more spots closer to where I’m at in North Houston to enjoy more of the trucks surprising depth of capability beyond just high-speed running!

Attachments

• F0F425FF-0CED-454E-B49B-6683BD6541DC.jpeg
    F0F425FF-0CED-454E-B49B-6683BD6541DC.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 15
  • D8EAB033-6CCB-4B78-9E5B-F5D3050E91B6.jpeg
    D8EAB033-6CCB-4B78-9E5B-F5D3050E91B6.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 15
  • F2BB5946-4A5A-4FFE-A883-A511A9BF6AF9.jpeg
    F2BB5946-4A5A-4FFE-A883-A511A9BF6AF9.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 15
  • D12E795E-C8DC-44D6-AE3E-B77450D50AE2.jpeg
    D12E795E-C8DC-44D6-AE3E-B77450D50AE2.jpeg