Do the doors automatically lock when you walk away?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alan C

Reaction score
On my chevys when you walk away the doors automatically lock and then they unlock when you come back. Does the 2017 raptor do this or do you have to hit the lock button?

Also I don't see a key hole or can't figure out how to lock the tailgate? It doesn't lock when I press lock on the fob.

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 802A locks and honks when I walk away. Tailgate locks with the keyfob as well. I'm sure there is a way to change the settings somewhere, if it be in the dash or at the dealer.

OP
OP
A

Alan C

Reaction score
my 802A locks and honks when I walk away. Tailgate locks with the keyfob as well. I'm sure there is a way to change the settings somewhere, if it be in the dash or at the dealer.
Thanks mine doesn't beep or honk so I just need to figure out the settings. I tried in the dash but it didn't seem to do anything. Glad to know it's possible.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2018 802 does NOT lock unless you use the key fob or press the little black button on the door handle....It would be annoying for me if it locked every time I walked away...

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks mine doesn't beep or honk so I just need to figure out the settings. I tried in the dash but it didn't seem to do anything. Glad to know it's possible.
If you have the keyfob with you, the tailgate will open and seem as though it wasn't locked. It should lock when using the fob or when placing your hand on the outside of the door handle. One way to confirm is to move the fob far enough away from the trucks range and try opening the tailgate.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 802 does NOT lock unless you use the key fob or press the little black button on the door handle....It would be annoying for me if it locked every time I walked away...

This is how mine works too. It unlocks when you touch the inside of the door handle and locks when you touch the black button. I'll have to look in the cluster to see if you can get it to auto lock when you shut it off and walk away with the key.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18 does not lock automatically. If the truck is running when you walk away, it does sound the horn to alert you that you are walking away with the key fob.