Door lock gremlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switched to the other key when I started to think it was the fob. Seemed like all was well and then it did it again today randomly.

I’m pretty tired of all the random stuff with this truck. At just over 10k miles there shouldn’t be so much stuff going on. The dealers in my area (greater Seattle) seem to be a pain to work with too.
Weird vibes coming out of Seattle lately. Maybe some kind of woke telekinesis?

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured out what triggers this reliably today. If it has been locked in any matter and I approach the driver’s side door it happens but only if I’ve stepped away from the vehicle for at least 10ish seconds. Seems to act up more with the weather being warmer.
I could be wrong but isn’t there a a setting to Auto Unlock when the key fob gets close? Take a look in the vehicle settings menu.

OP
OP
taquitos

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but isn’t there a a setting to Auto Unlock when the key fob gets close? Take a look in the vehicle settings menu.
There isn’t on my truck at least. One thing I did find out is they turning off welcome lighting keeps it from unlocking repeatedly like in the video. The unlock still behaves odd when I grab the handle though. Tries to unlock multiple times then.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn’t on my truck at least. One thing I did find out is they turning off welcome lighting keeps it from unlocking repeatedly like in the video. The unlock still behaves odd when I grab the handle though. Tries to unlock multiple times then.
You are right. I couldn’t find it on my truck either. For some reason I thought I had seen it in the past.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switched to the other key when I started to think it was the fob. Seemed like all was well and then it did it again today randomly.

I’m pretty tired of all the random stuff with this truck. At just over 10k miles there shouldn’t be so much stuff going on. The dealers in my area (greater Seattle) seem to be a pain to work with too.
Not just your area but the same in Maine. I’ve had to go into my dealer so many times I can see them role their eyes when I walk in the door, even though they have a new issue that is actually warrantable each time. With that I still have a bunch of issues I just live with because there literally isn’t a fix (stereo randomly pops and goes dead, folding mirrors won’t fold/unfold sometimes, exhaust rattlle, etc.) It shouldn’t be like this on new trucks.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. sucks that these lil gremlins are happening with the truck especially how expensive it is. Book your appointment with the dealer and try to go to the same SA so that he knows you and can really help with the issues (to get them fixed with the tech).