Ditch Cobb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2020 all stock with Cobb intake and stage 1 91 tune. KOM at 1.00.
Most times when I get not heavy throttle, I can hear a crackle. It sounds like pre ignition but sounds like it’s coming from rear of truck. (It may be my imagination in the location.).
My knock counts go up ad well. I’m runnin go top tier 91 with some booster in for safety. Anyone else experience this with a basic 91 tune? I’m about ready to go back to stock before i window the block.
Have you tried different brands of fuel ? I'm finding the 91 top tier not that great last 3 or 4 months , Chevron and Shell seem better than others i used to run . i'm on 87 octane Stage 2 tune now . Because of summer heat and crap gas. i can watch it add a few deg and take away a few . On 91 octane tune it was pulling 5 deg and adding 1 . Luckily a independent gas station in my town is installing Race Gas pumps and a E85 pump . Then going E50