discount tire chipped a rim today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually dealerships have better prices on tires now, for some reason think they smartened up to the idea of not losing service money due to not being competitive in tire pricing.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been using them because with the road hazard warranty, I can get a tire replaced or repaired right away pretty much anywhere in the country while traveling.

pdaly419

Reaction score
I've had great luck with them and have never even purchased tires from them. Got a nail in a tire on my lease and took it to them fully expecting to pay and they plugged it for free. Got a nail a second time and again, they plugged it for free.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They cut my tire on the machine while swapping wheels and they didn’t have a matching one in stock. They installed a brand new set of 4 tires from another brand at no charge. It’s the only place I go for flats, new tires, etc.

OP
OP
txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll follow this up and close out my experience. short and to the point without really elaborating.

so discount ordered me a new rim. I went yesterday to get it put on. didn't bother to examine while there. after I got home I am damn sure it's a different rim, but not 100% new. so I again reached out to discount tires customer service guy that I talked to before.

I told him if they did not satisfy the ENTIRE bill I had for my tire installation (bought the tires elsewhere ) $255. That I would never be back. and being a man of principle, I meant it.

They fully refunded 100% of the money spent. And they are now back in my good graces.

point is, if they jack something up, it was made good in the end

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have always had good luck at America's Tire (same as Discount Tire) - I always go to the same one though. They have been flawless for me, no issues and are always helpful and go the extra mile. I usually order a couple of pizzas for the guys from dominos after a visit. Money well spent IMO.