Disabled Auto Start/Stop, engine stumbles at stoplights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evan9r

Reaction score
So I noticed after disabling Auto Start/Stop with FORscan that the engine stumbles at stoplights for the first 10 minutes or so.. I dont recall it being this bad before disabling the Auto Start/Stop but then again I rarely manually turned it off. At first I noticed switching to Sport mode or turning the A/C off makes the stumbling stop. Only once have I had it stumble with Sport mode. Has anyone else experienced this? I did replace the plugs and that made no difference. Truck is a 17' with 24,000

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Sounds like you not running premium? Mine does this if I run regular.

OP
OP
E

evan9r

Reaction score
Nope, Ive always run premium. Ive thought it might be water or lower octane but changing the drive mode makes me think otherwise.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I noticed after disabling Auto Start/Stop with FORscan that the engine stumbles at stoplights for the first 10 minutes or so.. I dont recall it being this bad before disabling the Auto Start/Stop but then again I rarely manually turned it off. At first I noticed switching to Sport mode or turning the A/C off makes the stumbling stop. Only once have I had it stumble with Sport mode. Has anyone else experienced this? I did replace the plugs and that made no difference. Truck is a 17' with 24,000

Evan9r, good to get confirmation that you can indeed disable the auto stop/start function using FORScan. I hope you get this worked out, please let us know what you end up doing, thanks!

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I had MPT add this to my newest tune version....i hated when i would get in and forget to push that damn button.

WhiteWidow18

Reaction score
I also get a rough idle at stop more often than not. Dealership blamed it on the cooling fans being faulty. Got them changed under warranty last week and the issue is still prevalent.

COMBS19

Reaction score
Had a stubble idle now and again but after switch to Motorcraft SP542 spark plugs it has never happened again.

OP
OP
E

evan9r

Reaction score
With cooler weather the problem is not as noticeable.

I did notice however its mostly from start up to operating temperature at stop lights with the AC on that it stumbles the most. Add a little throttle..enough to raise the RPMs a 100 or so.. and it goes away.

Could it be that the idle is set too low at cold temperature with the AC on?