Diode Dynamics Fog Bucket Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You cannot buy the BD bracket alone, it's part of a kit. Sorry. BUT it's well worth the price. I'd highly recommend either the Baja Designs kits (here: LED Auxiliary Lights - Baja Designs - Raptor (2017+) Lighting Kits - 4x4TruckLEDs.com) or the FRL kits (here: Vehicle Specific - Ford - F-150 Raptor (2017+) - Page 1 - 4x4TruckLEDs.com)

You can get the FRL kits in 2 or 3 pair designs.

I sell quite a few of both options (BD and FRL). Everybody has their own preference as to which bracket they like. Some (like me) like the open look of the Baja Designs kits, others like the more finished/polished look of the FRL kit. Both awesome kits.

I'd always pair them with Baja Designs lights over Rigid. You get more for your money and you can replace the lenses if you want different coverage or a lense gets cracked/broken. You are not doing that with Rigid.

Shoot me a message if you need info or pricing.

flzrider

Reaction score
While I wait on my 2018 to be built I’ve been looking at lightning options. I have Rigid Dually Driving and Spots on my 2012 with the Rigid bracket and have been very happy with them.

So I’m thinking about going with Rigid D2 XL Spots, D-SS Driving and SR-M2 Amber Diffused Floods.

My question is has anyone used the Diode Dynamics Fog Bucket Bracket shown here:
2017 Raptor Diode Dynamics Fog Bucket Bracket Kit DD6003

How far back can you push the lights with this bracket?
What’s the dimensions of the Fog Bucket opening?

I am using the diode dynamics fog bracket. No complaints, good quality, and very well priced.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the DD kit, but haven’t installed it yet. I don’t have calipers, but the bracket is almost exactly the same thickness of a dime stacked on a quarter. They are not flimsy in my opinion.

For lighting I have also installed the BD Onx6 lower grill kit, and it is really bright. I plan on using the DD fog kit for country roads since they claim they are DOT Street legal if aimed properly. I also think the little bars look nice mounted in Gen2 bumper pockets in their pictures.

Attachments

• 20171212_140303.jpg
    20171212_140303.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

rgrismer

Reaction score
Diode Dynamics Raptor mounting hardware

I installed this bracket on my truck today. Seems very sturdy. The lights sit back inside about and inch, lots of slots so you can play all day with different mounting positions. I used the Wide beam 6 inch ambers, mounted one pointing straight forward and one parallel with the face of the bumper. did not make much difference, will probably use parallel with face of bumper. I used their u bracket and wire harness, good quality wire. 2018 wiring colors on upswitches are different than 2017. I used upswitch 3 rated at 10 amps, gray with yellow stripe, the lights have a draw of 4 amps. The upswitch wires on my 2018 that come from the switches where the ones closest to the firewall. The ones closest to fuse box where pass throughs to the inside behind the glove box. The lights have a very even wide pattern, really light up everything close, but not crazy like stadium lights. Would like to do modular lights across the bottom of the grill. Some day.

OP
OP
Uncas

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed this bracket on my truck today. Seems very sturdy. The lights sit back inside about and inch, lots of slots so you can play all day with different mounting positions. I used the Wide beam 6 inch ambers, mounted one pointing straight forward and one parallel with the face of the bumper. did not make much difference, will probably use parallel with face of bumper. I used their u bracket and wire harness, good quality wire. 2018 wiring colors on upswitches are different than 2017. I used upswitch 3 rated at 10 amps, gray with yellow stripe, the lights have a draw of 4 amps. The upswitch wires on my 2018 that come from the switches where the ones closest to the firewall. The ones closest to fuse box where pass throughs to the inside behind the glove box. The lights have a very even wide pattern, really light up everything close, but not crazy like stadium lights. Would like to do modular lights across the bottom of the grill. Some day.

Great info... Do you have any pics to share?

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

1/8 - 3/16 . I think... they heavy

10-4, Got a response from Diode Dynamics and their bracket is 2.5mm, maybe not as thick as the BD but a little under 1/8". I'm pretty sure the stamped steel on the GEN 1 opening is about the same thickness.