Ding on my roof - Golf ball!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptided

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just got hit by a golf ball on my roof, brand new Raptor 2020 :-/
Pretty pissed off, I got the golfer contact info, filed a claim etc.

First off, I just want to stress out that the roof is pretty darn solid! It felt like a bowling ball hit my roof when it happened. Took me a while to locate the ding... I had to parked in my garage and look at the roof from different angles.

Anyway, sad day. My question is, do you guys think it's worth taking the truck to a collision center to fix it? I really don't trust these people and I'm afraid things will start falling apart when I'll get the truck back. It happened with my wife's car (4runner), things never feel the same after you unmount stuff and put it back on.

Any thoughts? Should I take the risk (the insurance will pay for it) or should I leave it like that?

ding.png

Last edited:

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
get an estimate from dent repair place......collect that money from said golfer.......decide over time if you can live with it or not.

I bet in that position...you never even notice it.

OP
OP
Raptided

Raptided

Reaction score
get an estimate from dent repair place......collect that money from said golfer.......decide over time if you can live with it or not.

I bet in that position...you never even notice it.

You don't notice it for sure. If I want to sell it in the future it'll still be noticeable to the buyer and will help lowball the price... I can't collect money from the golfer. Maybe the golf course but it would involve a lawsuit. So it's either I get it fixed (deductible is $50 on my insurance), or I stick with it. I'm afraid they'll mess with the truck by taking off the roof etc.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a much much worse scratch from a garage door accident on the roof and it bugs the crap out of me but I also, never see it. I would get in touch with a paintless dent repair guy and see how much they can get out.

An insurance check will be written to you and your lienholder if there is one. If not, it will only have your name on it. But I would squeeze the golfer.

There has to be a story behind this!

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I agree, paintless dent removal. I had a dent similar to that on the passenger door of my old truck. Less than $200 later it was gone.