Diamondback bed covers and bike racks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another plus about the bed mount is that I can leave the bike in the bed and still fits in the garage so I don’t need to remove everything if I am going the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

luhlrich

Reaction score
Tailgate pad works flawlessly, along with an adjustable spare tire carrier.

Edit: oops, wrong forum

443f05e2d4c43db12439c6560e59a6bd.jpg1135d129ded0ac7e8b526fb301184e4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Edbert

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks like a pretty clean method to use, but unclear how stable the rear tire would be.

Capture.JPG

Those tie-down points are plenty strong, more a concern about the cable/bungie/cord/whatever.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diamond Back is the way to go. Had it on my last F150 and I have one on my new truck. The only cover that can hold my ATV up to 1600 lbs. I made a similar setup for a set of bikes when we went to Moab.
In fact I kept my old one when I traded my truck since the dealer would not give me any credit for my bed cover. Anyone can PM me if you me if your truck needs a cover and you want to save $500 on a 8month old cover. https://diamondbackcovers.com/

SuthJL

Reaction score
I added fork mounts to the factory bed hooks so I can either flip up the cover or remove it and mount two bikes in the bed or I can carry them out back if needed depending on what’s going on. dda99f7fee8ed0aa557c3f2c2c671091.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How did you attach the seasucker to the handle? I am guessing you had to drill holes?

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks like a pretty clean method to use, but unclear how stable the rear tire would be.

View attachment 124360

Those tie-down points are plenty strong, more a concern about the cable/bungie/cord/whatever.

Does anyone know what product is being used to tie down the rear wheel?

it took me a while to find but that blue adapter is a Hurricane Brutus fat bike fork adapter and it’s just what I need. I appreciate the posted photo to assist me.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to run the tailgate mats. Maybe we get to rowdy shuttling but we have had bikes with dented down tubes. When I ended up with my carbon stumpy, And carbon Pivot Phoenix I was hesitant to run tail gate mats. Picked up a north Shore 4 bike upright rack. It's been very good for a few seasons now. Haven't dropped a bike yet.

https://northshoreracks.com/racks/nsr-4-bike/

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was considering mounting something to the Diamondback cover I plan on buying, but I think a 1UP hitch rack will work better for me. My Surly fat bike doesn’t have a quick release front wheel.