Denied warranty service for a few items on new Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wassy, you initial post set yourself up to be criticized. Who fkn cares if you have purchased 200 cars in 33 years! Sucked 15 dks last week or what ever you wrote on those 10 pages.
This is a Raptor forum. Post your successes, concerns, or questions with your current Raptor and wait for feedback.

Aaron and others will help you or fk with you!
I shouldn't tell you this as I find it as great humor.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time addressing this again but I wholeheartedly disagree. I've been a member here for over 2 years, and never had an issue with anyone until now. My post about the number of cars I've had was in comparison to how I believe Ford and/or it's dealers have handled these issues comparatively speaking to many other experiences I've had with auto's. I don't see for a second how a statement such as "I've never experienced anything like this with nearly 200 cars purchased in 33 years." is an in your face or arrogant comment. In the context that I wrote it, It states that I've had enough cars and enough relationships to know that this wasn't right. I've read many a story here about a few or more of you having to contact Ford customer relations because the dealer wouldn't cover things such as a dead battery, a flat tire, etc. I didn't see any of you coming down on them but instead offered potential solutions instead of dicking around trying to shut them down as you did to me. Did you tell the guy with the Flat tire to live with it? Because his dealer denied service initially. How about the poster who posted pics of a poor weld job on the roof? My truck's issues are as real as any other. Maybe they don't stop the vehicle from driving properly but they are unacceptable to me, regardless, and should be to you all as well. It's a real shame that some of you are content with misaligned doors and trim pieces not being secured properly, AS INTENDED from Ford, and therefore you find the need to bash someone for wanting to make it right. For $70K, mediocrity is not good enough, sorry. While a few of you on this thread seem to disagree and like to cause issues, I'm betting most wouldn't accept this either. Guess they just didn't make the same mistake I have in coming to those who I thought were here to help.

Some of you have responded that you've had the same issues with the doors, and replied constructively that it seems to be an issue with many Raptors and thats' fine and acceptable. But starting off with the first reply to my post with sarcasm and accusatory comments about roughing up the vehicle in order for these issues to have surfaced is just wrong. Wrong factually and every other way. And it continued and seems to continue now. This forum is supposed to be for help, fun and friendly bantering. This thread is anything but. I'm all for the fun and cameraderie, you all took it way too far.

In hindsight, this afternoon, I was made aware that my selling dealer seems to enjoy referring his customers with issues to the other servicing dealer I use. Apparently Ford does not warranty these items, despite them being wrong and it's up to the dealer and their tech's time to fix. I can now understand why the servicing dealer sent me back to selling dealer, who continues to say he's not touching the doors. That's fine as I will keep it as is but what a nightmare between the dealers and I am in the middle. The servicing dealer was kind enough to fix the wheel well moldings and explained to me that I'm not nearly the first customer to be referred by the other dealer for things such as this. I happen to send the photo of the rear door to selling dealer today, and he replied instantly "that's acceptable to me and I will not adjust it for you, but when are we having lunch again, on me!" Point being, my relationships are very good with the dealers, and that's why I was so shocked when told nobody wants to adjust or fix these items. Hope you haters can maybe try to understand that.

Anyway, happy motoring to you guys.

SoCalHusker

Reaction score
A dealership is going to want to fix warranty issues. They get paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I don't even know why I'm wasting my time addressing this again but I wholeheartedly disagree. I've been a member here for over 2 years, and never had an issue with anyone until now. My post about the number of cars I've had was in comparison to how I believe Ford and/or it's dealers have handled these issues comparatively speaking to many other experiences I've had with auto's.

I don't see for a second how a statement such as "I've never experienced anything like this with nearly 200 cars purchased in 33 years." is an in your face or arrogant comment. In the context that I wrote it, It states that I've had enough cars and enough relationships to know that this wasn't right. I've read many a story here about a few or more of you having to contact Ford customer relations because the dealer wouldn't cover things such as a dead battery, a flat tire, etc.

I didn't see any of you coming down on them but instead offered potential solutions instead of dicking around trying to shut them down as you did to me. Did you tell the guy with the Flat tire to live with it? Because his dealer denied service initially. How about the poster who posted pics of a poor weld job on the roof? My truck's issues are as real as any other. Maybe they don't stop the vehicle from driving properly but they are unacceptable to me, regardless, and should be to you all as well.

It's a real shame that some of you are content with misaligned doors and trim pieces not being secured properly, AS INTENDED from Ford, and therefore you find the need to bash someone for wanting to make it right. For $70K, mediocrity is not good enough, sorry. While a few of you on this thread seem to disagree and like to cause issues, I'm betting most wouldn't accept this either. Guess they just didn't make the same mistake I have in coming to those who I thought were here to help.

Some of you have responded that you've had the same issues with the doors, and replied constructively that it seems to be an issue with many Raptors and thats' fine and acceptable. But starting off with the first reply to my post with sarcasm and accusatory comments about roughing up the vehicle in order for these issues to have surfaced is just wrong. Wrong factually and every other way. And it continued and seems to continue now. This forum is supposed to be for help, fun and friendly bantering. This thread is anything but. I'm all for the fun and cameraderie, you all took it way too far.

In hindsight, this afternoon, I was made aware that my selling dealer seems to enjoy referring his customers with issues to the other servicing dealer I use. Apparently Ford does not warranty these items, despite them being wrong and it's up to the dealer and their tech's time to fix. I can now understand why the servicing dealer sent me back to selling dealer, who continues to say he's not touching the doors.

That's fine as I will keep it as is but what a nightmare between the dealers and I am in the middle. The servicing dealer was kind enough to fix the wheel well moldings and explained to me that I'm not nearly the first customer to be referred by the other dealer for things such as this. I happen to send the photo of the rear door to selling dealer today, and he replied instantly "that's acceptable to me and I will not adjust it for you, but when are we having lunch again, on me!"

Point being, my relationships are very good with the dealers, and that's why I was so shocked when told nobody wants to adjust or fix these items. Hope you haters can maybe try to understand that.

Anyway, happy motoring to you guys.

I honestly tried to read that, but holy wall of text man...Since I'm such a **** I fixed it for you to make it readable.

Proper formatting nor proper grammar are a ************* game. :rofl:

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly tried to read that, but holy wall of text man...Since I'm such a **** I fixed it for you to make it readable.

Proper formatting nor proper grammar are a ************* game. :rofl:

Well thank you!

SoCalHusker

Reaction score
I couldn't read it. Wassy, you are a windy SOB.
As for the doors, I would be blasting corporate. That looks fkd up.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't read it. Wassy, you are a windy SOB.
As for the doors, I would be blasting corporate. That looks fkd up.

Yep. I'm wordy trying to get a point across. Sorry. But I do appreciate you agreeing on the door(s). Better then being told I'm wrong.

Let's all start over