Deletes, Heated mirrors and heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are going to remove options, they should give you full credit for the option. They are leaving the option included in a package then giving you pennies on the dollar discount. Way to go finance team!

Why not include the functional parts on the truck then later install a module to activate them? That's what some of their competitors are doing.

impaul4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor I ordered in July is just with sunroof, underseat storage, bed liner, and was 81.5 now it’s 82.5 . Is it still worth it for 1k more and removed heated wheel?

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor I ordered in July is just with sunroof, underseat storage, bed liner, and was 81.5 now it’s 82.5 . Is it still worth it for 1k more and removed heated wheel?
You’ve lost more than just the heated wheel despite the increased price over the year.

Still, only you can tell us if it’s worth it for you. I am excited to get my 23 but if my 18 didn’t have a ton of miles, I would keep it.

zef2020

Reaction score
In the process of building my 23 order with the dealer and found out about the heated steering wheel issue. Is it possible this is something that could be added by Ford to the truck at a later date? I ordered an expedition last winter and it said that it wasn't going to come with rear seat climate controls, but that they could be added by the dealer at a later date. Turns out the Expy showed up with the controls anyway. It would be nice to know if this was an option for those of us placing orders...

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Wait wait wait... you guys aren't getting heated steering wheels, like the most basic luxury item? I mean heated mirrors are actually a safety feature and... well I don't know any vehicles that aren't fleet vehicles that don't have them. H O L Y S H I T

Fellas.. look I'd love one, but I'm not ordering shit because it's not a dam exotic car and I'm not paying over msrp because that's ******* stupid regardless of your income level... and contrary to popular belief most millionaires do NOT become millionaires by doing dumb things with their money. So lets hold off on the "can't afford one, some people can afford not to wait, go buy a trx, why are you here" comments for just one second..

You guys are getting ******.. you are getting stood up on a date over and over again, slapped around when they are drunk and then called and woken up at 3am when they want to bang... and you keep showing up with your ******* in your hand. Who in their right mind would allow an automaker to take all this shit out of their vehicle and still **** you on the price? They are only doing it because you're making it possible.
This kind of sums up what I was thinking too. Paying $80,000 plus (or north $110,000 plus for the R) and Ford is taking away options. I’d be pissed and disappointed if my new truck came with less options than say a Chevy Equinox.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the process of building my 23 order with the dealer and found out about the heated steering wheel issue. Is it possible this is something that could be added by Ford to the truck at a later date? I ordered an expedition last winter and it said that it wasn't going to come with rear seat climate controls, but that they could be added by the dealer at a later date. Turns out the Expy showed up with the controls anyway. It would be nice to know if this was an option for those of us placing orders...
My dealer was finally able to reach the regional rep after weeks/months of trying. We were told the steering wheel heater cannot be retrofit later. I was not able to be part of the conversation but Ford says it cannot be added later.

I'd be surprised if they modify the wiring harness etc though. I'd sure think it could be added, but what do I know.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This kind of sums up what I was thinking too. Paying $80,000 plus (or north $110,000 plus for the R) and Ford is taking away options. I’d be pissed and disappointed if my new truck came with less options than say a Chevy Equinox.
Ford marketing continues making stupid decisions. If they keep it up, Ford is fūcked. It's bad enough that they can't deliver. But how hard is it to put a socket on a PC board so that the chip can be added later? If they were a class act, they'd do that for free. It's a five-cent part. Pissed off customers tend to stay pissed off. I'm still mad at Toyota for jacking me around thirty years ago. I haven't bought one since.

Side note: That they only give you a pittance when they delete the option tells you exactly how much that option costs them. They make their real money selling options. Options have a ridiculous high profit margin.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ordered February 1 and haven't received a VIN or Build Date by now, your dealer didn't have an allocation available.
Well I hate to say it, but you were right. My dealer DID have an allocation, but ford pulled it. The dealer (again a friend and has been very open and honest with me), purchased an extra allocation from Ford in ~early 2022. It was a guaranteed allocation for a 2022 raptor F-150 Raptor. I placed my order on Feb 1 for a $78,240 truck, just before the $3,300 price increase (Feb 10), $850 price increase (April 13), and -$1,395 Blue Cruise Credit. So I was thrilled, because I was supposed to get the truck for $76,845 including the Blue Cruise credit.

We then had to create a new '23 order when the regional ford rep told us the '22s were done, but they would build it as a '23. This increased my price (all things equal) to $82,760 on August 20th. My dealer was assigned a new regional rep, who was affected by the Florida hurricane and other things, and we lost contact with them until yesterday. Yesterday we were told there is no price lock on a Raptor -- pay it or walk. In addition, the Rep told us that since the dealer purchased that allocation and was not given it, Ford would not be honoring it. So my allocation was pulled yesterday. My Raptor will not be built.

My dealer reached out to others and was able to find a '23 allocation last night at another dealer but I have to start all over. The price of the truck today (same configuration) is $85,305.

So thanks Ford. I've patiently waited since Feb 1 and I have nothing to show for it except a big headache and no truck. If I want a Raptor, it's now $8,460 more than when I submitted the first order and missing the heated steering wheel. Thanks Ford for the great customer focused service. Also, thanks Ford for providing regional reps that take ~2 months to get back to their dealerships when they have a question and also provide incorrect information. Ford, you create some amazing trucks, but you've treated my dealer and I like useless trash.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I hate to say it, but you were right. My dealer DID have an allocation, but ford pulled it. The dealer (again a friend and has been very open and honest with me), purchased an extra allocation from Ford in ~early 2022. It was a guaranteed allocation for a 2022 raptor F-150 Raptor. I placed my order on Feb 1 for a $78,240 truck, just before the $3,300 price increase (Feb 10), $850 price increase (April 13), and -$1,395 Blue Cruise Credit. So I was thrilled, because I was supposed to get the truck for $76,845 including the Blue Cruise credit.

We then had to create a new '23 order when the regional ford rep told us the '22s were done, but they would build it as a '23. This increased my price (all things equal) to $82,760 on August 20th. My dealer was assigned a new regional rep, who was affected by the Florida hurricane and other things, and we lost contact with them until yesterday. Yesterday we were told there is no price lock on a Raptor -- pay it or walk. In addition, the Rep told us that since the dealer purchased that allocation and was not given it, Ford would not be honoring it. So my allocation was pulled yesterday. My Raptor will not be built.

My dealer reached out to others and was able to find a '23 allocation last night at another dealer but I have to start all over. The price of the truck today (same configuration) is $85,305.

So thanks Ford. I've patiently waited since Feb 1 and I have nothing to show for it except a big headache and no truck. If I want a Raptor, it's now $8,460 more than when I submitted the first order and missing the heated steering wheel. Thanks Ford for the great customer focused service. Also, thanks Ford for providing regional reps that take ~2 months to get back to their dealerships when they have a question and also provide incorrect information. Ford, you create some amazing trucks, but you've treated my dealer and I like useless trash.
That sucks man. This is what happens when supply < demand. They can do what they want, and know someone will still pay over MSRP for it. Seems short-sighted but with slipping stock prices and the loss of market share, they are trying to maximize profit.

My March 2022 order is now around 7k higher and they were pretty much like “screw you” when I called.

To be fair, inflation is probably more like 17% right now so I do believe the trucks are costing them more. The 8.2% is adjusted and made to look lower for midterms

Adrenlin

Reaction score

I hate for you, but I'm not surprised. When an order sits for that long without being pulled, it's typically allocation related. There's plenty of other delays along the way, but with those delays you at least have a build date (even if it gets moved back constantly) and a VIN.

Welcome to the nightmare of ordering a Raptor.