Defective Hood Graphics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced their hood graphics changing texture. I have a 2020 with the hood graphics and have had to get them changed twice by ford. Because the texture of the decals goes from the deep lines to turning smooth in different places. I thought the decals were supposed to be able to handle the heat of the hood. But they keep developing smooth areas where they used to have the full textured lines. I even have one spot that appears to be bubbling or melting. My engine has never overheated or anything. I am thinking of taking the decals off but was just checking to see if anyone else has ever seen or heard about this crazy thing.

Attachments

• IMG-2601.PNG
    IMG-2601.PNG
    668.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG-2600.PNG
    IMG-2600.PNG
    681.2 KB · Views: 71

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it’s safe to say that it’s not defective graphics after 2 sets, but the limitations of them…. The type of vinyl ford chose to use can’t seem to withstand the engine temps or the outside temps. Take a needle to the bubbles and work the air out.

GoDucks

Reaction score
The drivers side graphic on my hood has started to chip or peel off on the edge. I'm thinking about removing it entirely but worried that the paint underneath it might be darker since it hasn't been exposed to sun UV rays.

policedutchdog

Reaction score
I was never a fan of the Raptor graphics that came on my rig so the first modification I made was to remove them. After a few washes and ceramic coating you can't tell they were ever their.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha , I know now why my graphic pkg is only on side bed and nothing on the hood , I bought the truck almost new but it seem first owner remove it...

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One side of my hood has bubbled up a bit. I've found that the only 'solution' is to remove them, and I'm OK with that.

OP
OP
Ron Lanza

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guy's The first time I noticed it was shortly after I got the truck. And the dealer said they have never seen this before. So, after they replaced them, I noticed it on the new ones. So, the dealer replaced them again. Both times I thought maybe I just didn't look very good and just got another set of messed up stickers. But after the second replacement I went over them at every angle in the sun and they were perfect. Now these are doing the same thing. I wonder if ford will give me my money back for the $995,00 junk decals. HAHA just kidding I know they won't. But what a joke for a $995.00 option. I will probably end up peeling the off and be done with it.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a very similar issue, I went to the local PPF installer, he removed them and showed me where the paint was bumpy where the bubbles formed. He said it is real difficult to make them stick and the air under the graphics expands and causes the bubbles. He did some paint correction with a buffer. Never had another issue. Maybe your issue?

OP
OP
Ron Lanza

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a very similar issue, I went to the local PPF installer, he removed them and showed me where the paint was bumpy where the bubbles formed. He said it is real difficult to make them stick and the air under the graphics expands and causes the bubbles. He did some paint correction with a buffer. Never had another issue. Maybe your issue?
Was the paint messed up under the decals?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I caution to say messed up. Nothing wrong technically, just bumpy paint.
I could not see it until he put the lights on it. It took him maybe 10 minutes to buff it. About a week later, I applied Adams Ceramic spray coating to help with UV protection.