Decision finally made and now I wait...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jblakesmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...for a few days for delivery. Most of you know I've been back and forth between 18 or 20" wheels. I definitely wanted the Toyo MTs, so this led to either the "36x13r18" metric size or 37x1250r20. I went with the 37 to gain the extra inch. I think I would have regretted not getting the 37 on 20. I went with the Fuel Trophies 20x9 D551 (black with anthracite grey) in a +1 mm offset. Going with chrome lugs for contrast and to match the Fuel lettering on cap. The Toyo MT in 37 1250 was very tough to find. I was told it's a newer size by quite a few shops. While I'm at it, I'm going to let them line-x the rear fender wells (my raptor is white), as I can't seem to find a liner for the raptor? Then I said, what the hell, I'm going to get the front bumper I've been wanting since it came out...the ADD Lite with top hoop. Thankfully qty 7 are coming out of production next week so no 10 week lead time. Can't wait to get everything installed. Pics to follow. BTW, what do you guys think of painting the rings on wheels Monster green on a white raptor? I could maybe get illuminated green tape to go under the side SVT emblem and/or green tape under the "L" in the 6.2 side badge? Maybe even the grill "Ford" in green? Thanks again for everyone's expertise, opinions, pics, etc... FRF is great!

BTW, I'm on high perch, don't plan to jump/fully compress for now without fenders, and the shop will hammer pinch welds and trim as needed.

OP
OP
jblakesmith

jblakesmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing you'll be missing is an ADD Race Series R rear bumper. I know a guy ;)

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f29/add-race-series-r-rear-bumper-*feeler*-45765/

Thanks, but I'm spent for now. :)

I'll post some pics soon, but loving the setup. I'm a little disappointed that the alignment devices that go on each wheel left some small scratches on my new wheels. Is this normal?

Had some minor rub, but some trimming was done and next I'll remove cover brackets to hammer over the pinch welds for even more clearance. Caster was pushed fwd as well.

OP
OP
jblakesmith

jblakesmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news! They are replacing the wheels with new ones! I feel better now. I'll post pics soon of current wheels. Been crazy busy lately.