Debadging..yay or nah?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoke35

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to debadge all my vehicles but after this one that has a premium for graphics I just couldn’t do it haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawman

Reaction score
Sure, debadge away.

I looked hard to find a new Raptor (and traveled a long way to buy one) that had every option except the look-at-me-graphics. I prefer clean, simple, aesthetics, and couldn’t care less if people know my truck is a Raptor.

I don’t care if others know what brand of underpants I wear or what my favorite cereal is either. It just doesn’t matter to me, but I understand some folks care deeply about the approval of folks they don’t know.

It’s your truck. Create what you like best.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First, it's your truck, do what you want. In general, not a fan of companies trying to use the products they sell for advertising. Shirts are the most annoying, when pretty much the entire design of the shirt is to turn you into a walking billboard for the company...and you are supposed to pay for that privilege. No thanks.

For whatever reason, automaker badging on vehicles is a little different. They typically tend to blend in with the vehicle, and it feels like something missing if the badging is missing without them there. It's almost like a wall in your home without a picture/art on it. Oddly enough, if you removed them and put up your own personal badging...doesn't seem quite right. So no for me. I think this is particularly true on the Raptor since FORD on the grille and tailgate aren't exactly easy to remove.

That said, I always remove the dealer badge ASAP, and I removed the bedside graphics.

Whaler27

Reaction score
First, it's your truck, do what you want. In general, not a fan of companies trying to use the products they sell for advertising. Shirts are the most annoying, when pretty much the entire design of the shirt is to turn you into a walking billboard for the company...and you are supposed to pay for that privilege. No thanks.

For whatever reason, automaker badging on vehicles is a little different. They typically tend to blend in with the vehicle, and it feels like something missing if the badging is missing without them there. It's almost like a wall in your home without a picture/art on it. Oddly enough, if you removed them and put up your own personal badging...doesn't seem quite right. So no for me. I think this is particularly true on the Raptor since FORD on the grille and tailgate aren't exactly easy to remove.

That said, I always remove the dealer badge ASAP, and I removed the bedside graphics.
x2

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In general, not a fan of companies trying to use the products they sell for advertising. Shirts are the most annoying, when pretty much the entire design of the shirt is to turn you into a walking billboard for the company...and you are supposed to pay for that privilege. No thanks.

Ok Shawn Spencer............

Be shocked if anyone gets that reference lol

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is there to de badge on a Raptor? The tailgate appliqué is all one piece, and that’s the only place where “Raptor” can be found.

I am a fan of de badging German cars though. They look better with just the MB/BMW/Audi emblem on the middle of the trunk with nothing else on the side of the trunk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter