deaver question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor556

Reaction score
Alright easy question for those that have done it.

I'm looking to put a little weight in the bed. lets say around 500 pounds

do the deaver +2's take care of that without having to go to +3

I personally like how it sits from the factory. This is a functional upgrade, I care nothing for cosmetics.

I have one goal. the rear end not sagging badly with just a little weight in the bed.
I do not tow or really plan on it at all.

truck is gen 2 and all oem suspension so far. I have no desire than to do any more than is necessary

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did +2HDs leaving OE fronts and I'm ever so slightly higher in the back but you have to stare for a minute. Then when I drop the boat on, same other way around if not level. However, my Raptor was strangly level bone stock on the dealer lot.

OP
OP
R

raptor556

Reaction score
I did +2HDs leaving OE fronts and I'm ever so slightly higher in the back but you have to stare for a minute. Then when I drop the boat on, same other way around if not level. However, my Raptor was strangly level bone stock on the dealer lot.
Appreciate that real world example based on experience.

The fact is that a rear leaf change is probably not needed. most of my driving is street with very little weight in back. but it's worth considering

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered +2HDs and about to get them installed today. Hoping I made the right choice but we'll see! Honestly I'll be happy if it just gets rid of the axle wrap.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered +2HDs and about to get them installed today. Hoping I made the right choice but we'll see! Honestly I'll be happy if it just gets rid of the axle wrap.
It will help significantly. With an empty bed at first you will notice the ride is a little more stiff. However that goes away quickly when you notice the benefits like the decreased axle wrap, axle stability (less dancing over washboard etc), and WAY less sag with any real weight in the bed or on the hitch. Also, they SEEM to "break in" a little too. Definitely top of the best mod list.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Eibachs in the front and carry a static load of 400 lbs in the bed. The sag on the OEM springs was noticeable even before putting on the Eibachs. I have the Deaver +3HD and it now sits level. I wish I had gone with the +4 HDs to handle additional sag when trailer is attached or more weight added to the bed.