deaver question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you pulled the trigger, and good one too.
I went with +3 HDs since I carry around a couple hundred pounds of field gear, have a tri-fold tonneau and occassionally tow a small toy hauler. I didn't really want the lift, so I went with extended shackles to bring it down to stock height.
You will notice when you first put the springs on that it rides high in the back, like way high, it settles with time. After a year of having them on now, it looks just like stock in the rear. You will notice if you don't have much weight in the back that the suspension will feel unbalanced front-to-back, with the back being more conventional pickup stiff and the front soft, but if you carry the extra weight in the bed all the time you won't notice...I notice when i reduce the amount of gear I carry on occassion it is certainly noticeable (I also have a front mounted winch, which exacerbates the unbalanced effect-swapping in some Geiser 2.5s next month to get the balance and sag back from the winch weight).
You will love the Deavers over stock though!

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Deavers +2 setup w/the ADD Tire carrier / jack and accessory box and when loads with gear and 2 tires it doesn’t sag at all. Probably about 700lbs total Wt. in the bed. If I were to tow something I might go w/ +3

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have +3 standard Deavers with Fox 3.0 shocks. I carry a 2nd spare along with misc gear in the back. My truck sits level. I kind of wish I had went with +4HD but at the time, I had no plans to upgrade to Fox 3.0 shocks.

Heinz

Reaction score
Following this, as I’m considering the same. Leaning towards +2 HD’s to accommodate ~400lbs in the bed. I don’t tow, so prefer the truck sits close to level or only slightly high in the rear.

OP, let us know what you decide and post some pictures when it’s done!

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright easy question for those that have done it.

I'm looking to put a little weight in the bed. lets say around 500 pounds

do the deaver +2's take care of that without having to go to +3

I personally like how it sits from the factory. This is a functional upgrade, I care nothing for cosmetics.

I have one goal. the rear end not sagging badly with just a little weight in the bed.
I do not tow or really plan on it at all.

truck is gen 2 and all oem suspension so far. I have no desire than to do any more than is necessary
You’ll likely need the HD version.
I’m happy with my +3HDs.
Your best bet is to call Deaver direct or email one of our supporting vendors for advice on your personal setup and needs.

OP
OP
R

raptor556

Reaction score
So why does no one here seem to use these?? 500 instead of 1500+

Looks like a cheaper, but great alternative when you don't off road daily and just want to keep the ass from sagging when you have extra weight in back

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The oem leafs are awful. I carry a few hundred pounds in the bed all the time and have the regular +2 with no sag. sits level and i don’t tow. I do have the fox 3.0 which raises the front 2 inches or so.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright easy question for those that have done it.

I'm looking to put a little weight in the bed. lets say around 500 pounds

do the deaver +2's take care of that without having to go to +3

I personally like how it sits from the factory. This is a functional upgrade, I care nothing for cosmetics.

I have one goal. the rear end not sagging badly with just a little weight in the bed.
I do not tow or really plan on it at all.

truck is gen 2 and all oem suspension so far. I have no desire than to do any more than is necessary
So why does no one here seem to use these?? 500 instead of 1500+

Looks like a cheaper, but great alternative when you don't off road daily and just want to keep the ass from sagging when you have extra weight in back
We do have Deaver springs as well as Icon's in stock if you're still looking. I wouldn't go with HD springs if you're not putting weight in there all the time. It'll just give you a stiff ride the rest of the time.

As far as air bags go, they're a good cheap option but have more of a chance of failing on you and you don't want to rely entirely on them.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the clearance to the stock exhaust on a Gen 1 with Deavers at full droop? This is the oem springs fully drooped (with tires & shocks removed); there is barely a half an inch between the bottom leaf & the exhaust tube.

Attachments

• 20220414_124724.jpg
    20220414_124724.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220414_124715.jpg
    20220414_124715.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 13