Deaver +2 HD or +3 HD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CptMorgan

Reaction score
I have been running with 300 lbs in the back for some time now (canopy, rails, racks, mat, gear). The back end is starting to squat/sag. I'm at 41-3/4" front and down to 40-1/4" back before kids, dog, bikes and small trailer.

Loaded, my lights are pointing at the sky.

I want to be near level again. Should I go with the +2 HD or +3 HD?

Thanks,

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No level in the front?

Go with the +2 HD if you want to look closer to level with nothing in the front.

I run 2.25" collars up front and +3 in the rear and its pretty level

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 1.5" collars upfront, which are largely offset by the winch and mount.

Not possible if you're currently currently sitting at 41 3/4. Stock is around 39 3/4 so you're sitting high by about 1.5-2 inches in the front. By using collars you've stiffened the front suspension by pre compressing the springs a little bit and set yourself up for exactly the problem you're encountering. If you start with the truck level then you will sag in the rear when carrying a load unless you address the rear springs. Once you address the rear springs to get it back to level you will need to keep the weight in the truck or it will be stiff when unloaded. Most guys that know what they're doing are putting in a quality progressive spring in the front and using the Deaver +3 in the back.