Dealerships near California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

taco2raptor

Reaction score
I pulled out of the deal for now. Dealership wants me to wire money before signing any paperwork. Feels a little sketchy to me. They also don’t want a certified check the day of pick up.

mgordon

Reaction score
Finnin Ford has MSRP in Idaho. Tindol Ford in North Carolina. It is normal to wire some type of funds in a refundable deposit. I would not have a problem, plus they are not chip reading your card. Depending on paperwork you have an eligible chargeback with your bank.

OP
OP
T

taco2raptor

Reaction score
Finnin Ford has MSRP in Idaho. Tindol Ford in North Carolina. It is normal to wire some type of funds in a refundable deposit. I would not have a problem, plus they are not chip reading your card. Depending on paperwork you have an eligible chargeback with your bank.
They want me to wire the entire down payment ($30k) before flying out to pick it up.

DashDog

Reaction score
Now I’m a little concerned because I did apply for financing through their website. So they have all my info but it just didn’t feel right to send money without signing anything.
I have done this a few times, then backed out of buying a vehicle/cutting the dealer off (for a Nissan SUV). If you are worried, you can log into or create a profile with the big 3 credit monitoring agencies, and put a freeze on your big 3 accounts. It really just prevents someone from being approved for any type of loan/credit card. It will stop about 90% of applications. You can unfreeze when your ready to apply for something again. It’s free to do.