Dealership w/o markups, allocation & deposit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just waiting on Ford to announce pricing and the configurator to go live in the Web site. Finding a dealer at this point that won’t charge over MSRP is not on my mind. But I already have a good idea on which dealers are going to mark them up here in St Louis.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t it pretty rare during the Gen 2’s lifecycle in CA to buy a Raptor at MSRP let alone now a Gen 3?

Not rare. I looked for a few months at several Southern California dealerships and saw way more at MSRP than those with dealer markups. In late April I got my 2020 for $71,000. It had an MSRP of $74,185 with an invoice of $69,184.49.

MSRP is common in CA for specialty vehicles. Below MSRP is pretty rare.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are order one after the initial batch you should be able to get MSRP, especially in the midwest. Trucks on the lot are likely to have ADMs on the coasts (again msrp way more likely in midwest).

Gen 2 had ADMs well into the 2nd model year (practically always in CA) I don't see gen 3 being any different.

ICUGAZN

Reaction score
Ordering and paying "dealer invoice" is the way to go. Especially when you consider the "dealer invoice" you are paying is already higher and different than the actual "dealer price."

What is your recommendation for someone who owns a 2019 802A with less than 11,000 miles and wants the 2021? When should I try to sell my truck, or should I trade? Thanks.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your recommendation for someone who owns a 2019 802A with less than 11,000 miles and wants the 2021? When should I try to sell my truck, or should I trade? Thanks.
I see 801A and 802A 2019 Raptors being asked for almost $70K right now here in the Midwest with similar mileage as you have on yours.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score

A lot of it depends on your personal financial situation (i.e. can you afford to have two trucks at once?????). If you can, then I personally would only negotiate on the new truck and never mention my existing. Once that's done, let them make an offer on the old one, but usually you end up better off if you sell it yourself. Granted that can be a PITA, so sometimes taking a "reasonable offer" (if such a thing exists in your area) from the dealer might be worthwhile, but it just depends on the dealer. Good luck!

rosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealership that I work for usually doesn't mark up anything. almost always msrp or under. GT500's, we'll mark up a little bit. I'm thinking the V8 will possibly be marked up some, but I'm guessing that our ecoboosts will be at MSRP. Right now, I have 3 on my waiting list(including me). We are just waiting to see what our allocations are going to be.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of it depends on your personal financial situation (i.e. can you afford to have two trucks at once?????). If you can, then I personally would only negotiate on the new truck and never mention my existing. Once that's done, let them make an offer on the old one, but usually you end up better off if you sell it yourself. Granted that can be a PITA, so sometimes taking a "reasonable offer" (if such a thing exists in your area) from the dealer might be worthwhile, but it just depends on the dealer. Good luck!
And how you state handles the taxes, 50k trade in for NJ is worth 3500 in tax savings on the new Raptor

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealership that I work for usually doesn't mark up anything. almost always msrp or under. GT500's, we'll mark up a little bit. I'm thinking the V8 will possibly be marked up some, but I'm guessing that our ecoboosts will be at MSRP. Right now, I have 3 on my waiting list(including me). We are just waiting to see what our allocations are going to be.
Please explain the dealer allocation process and the dealer use of the waiting list please. I think it would be helpful. Also why some dealers get more allocations than others.
Thank you