Dealer Negligence - Damage During Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just goes to show these guys don’t give a fa ck.Most ppl that go to the stealership don’t even check the work afterwards.
They’re not all like this.

That's pretty ridiculous, I'd be thoroughly pissed. I would want a replacement wheel. Knock on wood, my local dealer service dept. has been really good and seem to genuinely care about their work.
Agree.
That’s unacceptable, poor quality work showing the tech simply does not care and they shouldn’t be working on vehicles.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's always better with pictures.
My dealer stripped 3 of those bolts on an oil change too. Pretty sure those aren’t the correct bolts you have on there either. Unless they changed something. Pretty sure they’re normally pan head torx bolts.

I’d also pull the bolts and make sure they don’t look stripped which would mean the nuts should be replaced too

OP
OP
M

Mstgkillr

Reaction score
Quick update… looks like they want to refinish the spare. If it doesn’t come out well, they will replace. Haven’t heard back on the other wheel they messed up.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stick to it, and appointment with the GM is a very good idea as well.

Good help is hard to find these days and the dealership paying for a new wheel may getn them think about the Jr. High dropout they just hired.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s utter BS!!! Thee dealerships need more quality control. And when they do mess up, because they will, the dealers should own up to it!!!

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
My dealer stripped 3 of those bolts on an oil change too. Pretty sure those aren’t the correct bolts you have on there either. Unless they changed something. Pretty sure they’re normally pan head torx bolts.

I’d also pull the bolts and make sure they don’t look stripped which would mean the nuts should be replaced too

Those I believe are the correct size for the oil filter access panel, 10mm and the larger shield are pan heads #40 torx bolt.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those I believe are the correct size for the oil filter access panel, 10mm and the larger shield are pan heads #40 torx bolt.
Odd. My original bolts and replacements ordered from the diagrams were pan head Torx. Maybe Ford is just using whatever bolts they feel like on that particular day.

Attachments

• A5E134CB-CFAE-4C71-880D-E87A1B7F6DA0.jpeg
    A5E134CB-CFAE-4C71-880D-E87A1B7F6DA0.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 31
  • B5208927-CE97-4388-81EC-6C44A5D23ABA.jpeg
    B5208927-CE97-4388-81EC-6C44A5D23ABA.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 31

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Odd. My original bolts and replacements ordered from the diagrams were pan head Torx. Maybe Ford is just using whatever bolts they feel like on that particular day.
Nope you were correct, I went back and looked up the details under my vehicle maintenance list:

Required Tools: Torx bit #40 x 3/8" for oil filter access cover and a 10mm x 3/8" socket for drain plug cover and 3/8" ratchet and 3/8" male x 1/4" male adapter for 1/4" impact gun. So the oil filter drain access cover should be as mentioned above.

Sorry about the confusion, it does appear your Dealer might really be ******** up.