GEN 2 Dealer installed spray in bed liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
edubpdx

edubpdx

Reaction score
And any one with pictures of a sprayed in rear wheel well? I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlacknTan

Reaction score
My 19 is the first time I’ve bought a truck with the Ford factory bed liner, and it’s the same as in your pictures. I’ve had 7-8 trucks that I’ve had Line-X installed in in the past. Durability so far seems similar, but Line-X is far superior on the install; panels, screws and bolts were all removed and the surface was scuffed before spraying. The Ford bed liner is sprayed over the bed bolts, bed tie downs, they didn’t remove the cleat bases-just sprayed around them, and didn’t trim out the bed edges or tail gate like yours. Both were basically the same cost. I tried to take it to Line-X to have them finish it out, but was told they’d have to remove the factory installed liner and then spray everything again. Not worth the cost to me.

Last edited:

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford specifically states not to reuse bed bolts once they're removed.
Out of curiosity, where did you get that info? It doesn't affect me, I'm just curious, and wondering if that could be any sort of problem for all the people that had all their bolts removed before it was Line-Xed.

D

Deleted member 12951

That looks like a paint issue from factory on the tailgate. OP, what color is your truck?

Factory spray-in sucks. They spray over the bolts (now I have to cutoff the liner to use the bolts for a bed cage), and they don’t cover everything plus its thinner by the upper bed rails. My was on the lot with factory otherwise I would of gone to Line-X for a better job. Dealers outsource this and usually pick the cheapest spray-in option from who they use and mark it up. I would rather go to Line-X myself and get their Premium or Platinum coverage than the Standard that the dealer most likely purchased.

Notice how the factory didn’t get behind the t-bracket plates, my truck is white.

e9d41b73aacb8a959b83f59e30ed2863.jpg

Have to admit, at least factory sprays part of the tailgate. The GEN1 they didn’t spray it at all and had a plastic insert instead

56ed49e41c9bd2de36ba4a8f6fd324bb.jpg

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
My 19 is the first time I’ve bought a truck with the Ford factory bed liner, and it’s the same as your pictures. I’ve had 7-8 trucks that I’ve had Line-X installed in in the past. Durability so far seems similar, but Line-X is far superior on the install; panels, screws and bolts were all removed and the surface was before spraying. The Ford bed liner is sprayed over the bed bolts, bed tie downs, they didn’t remove the closet bases-just sprayed around them, and didn’t trim out the bed edges or tail gate like yours. Both were basically the same cost. I tried to take it to Line-X to have them finish it out, but was told they’d have to remove to factory installed liner, and then spray everything again. Not worth the cost to me.

That's the very reason why I went to Line-X for my bed and wheel wells.

D

Deleted member 12951

Does the factory spray-in liner have a UV protective coating like Line-X offers?

No.

Factory bedliner:
3-year 36K warranty.
Auto dealership can't fix problems if the problem is larger than a dime.
Aromatic (will fade over time if exposed to UV light from the sun).
Black only.
Peels off very easily.

Aftermarket (LINE-X for example):
Lifetime warranty against cracking, bubbling, flaking.
Any Line-X dealer can fix any problem.
Aromatic and aliphatic (no fading) if above Standard.
Black or color matching.
Significantly higher adhesion.