Dealer Installed Options???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gotbitn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the people that pay those huge mark ups make my almost invoice price an even better deal. Heck a used 2013 blue books for more than I paid.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone will pay it.

But if you're going to spend that much, I'll sell you mine for $55k!

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen the 15k over MSRP markup on a raptor in Austin. Saw 10k on a GT500 here in San Antonio. It was listed under dealer options as "Dealer Markup"...

cigman1st

Reaction score
I bought my new 2013 Oct '13 for a little, I mean very little less than than the $57,500 sticker. Went back for service 2 months later and they had an identical one at same sticker with a $6,800 market adjustment sticker. Felt good about my purchase. Last week went to another dealer to look at a Roush Raptor with the simple minded concept of maybe trading, knowing I would take a hit. It had a sticker of $57,500 only. Sales guy said you know there's a market adjustment. When asked he said asking $70,000 for the truck....wait for it....and another $15,000 for the Roush pkg. Thats a grand total asking $85,000.00. Yes, I left happy to do the adds myself.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatly most ealers are doing this for raptors they have on the lot. They pretty much know they wont get that full adjustment, but it gives them a high point to work down from on a deal. "Ill do $5,000 over MSRP...but just for you"....now the poor soul thinks he is getting a deal!

--John

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a joke! I'd drive all the way across the country to avoid that kind of crap! There are too many good dealerships doing the right thing, to give people like that business...

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind...

There are people using locator services to find these trucks new on dealer lots. It's not uncommon for a dealer to sit on a specialty vehicle by putting an ADM on it while hoping to sell it via locator service. I've read on dealers selling new Raptors to these services for over MSRP. Most of these ADM trucks will be grabbed up by overseas buyers more than likely.

It happens with the GT500s as well. Some dealers horde these kinds of vehicles hoping to find some poor soul who will buy one at any cost because they missed the chance to order. If not they can always go through a locator service and get top dollar as well.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you mark up the new one $15k over MSRP, then it helps sell their used ones at a new MSRP price tag.

SVTBuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '12 had a $10k dealer mark-up on the lot when I bought it new. I said let's start at invoice and go from there. I ended up at $3,100 under MSRP, but it took several hours and sitting through every car dealer sales gimmick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD