Dealer Control on Orders

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Does a dealer have any control after a Raptor is built and gets put into a factory parking lot for a long time to get it out if there are delays?

Ford Customer Service states that the dealer needs to contact their Zone rep. But does the Zone rep have any authority to get someone to find it and push it ahead or can they only just tell the dealer why it's delayed?

Mine sat in Dearborn for over a month and my dealer kept telling me that there is nothing they can do but Ford Service said they can. Should I be upset with my dealer for doing nothing?

Anyone know how this works?

Disclaimer: My raptor is final moving, in Illinois right now but wondering if the dealer could have done something if they wanted to.

Last edited by a moderator:

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depending on your location, they may have to wait until they get a full truck or what ever transport they use to get to the final location. I know my dealer would send me the tracking info and it shipped out the same day it was made. But probably sending so many cars to California, shipping is fast. Only a couple weeks from build to delivery. But I remember from the Dearborn to Chicago was very fast, it came that way by train.

Last edited:

MeenieMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's unlikely that your dealer would have been successful in expediting the process through the zone rep. A month is on the long end (an eternity for you), but without any other extenuating circumstances, the best you probably would have received is a generic update on the transportation network, weather disruptions, or the like.

Glad to hear it's on its way.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I think it's unlikely that your dealer would have been successful in expediting the process through the zone rep. A month is on the long end (an eternity for you), but without any other extenuating circumstances, the best you probably would have received is a generic update on the transportation network, weather disruptions, or the like.

Glad to hear it's on its way.

yeah, it was in Decatur, IL around 6pm today, getting close!

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats brother. Now it's my turn.. hopefully soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk