Dash electircal issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenramp

Reaction score
Yesterday morning when I started my 2017 Raptor, the motor started but the dash was blank except for the idiot lights that were blinking. Turned it off and took the Fusion to work. Get home, start the truck and everything is fine so was hoping in was nothing.

This morning the same damn thing happens so will be taking it into the dealer. has this happened to anybody else? As a side not it was 15 degrees out this morning and colder yesterday morning.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1XIguXX5jKMbYhf03

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday morning when I started my 2017 Raptor, the motor started but the dash was blank except for the idiot lights that were blinking. Turned it off and took the Fusion to work. Get home, start the truck and everything is fine so was hoping in was nothing.

This morning the same damn thing happens so will be taking it into the dealer. has this happened to anybody else? As a side not it was 15 degrees out this morning and colder yesterday morning.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1XIguXX5jKMbYhf03

The exact same thing happened to me this am. Dash blank, idiot lights blinking and dash was making a buzzing sound. Turned truck off and restarted it twice with the same issues. It was 9 degrees outside. Had to drive home and tapped on the dash. The display came on but the check engine light did also. Going to make and appt with the dealer.
Tone

OP
OP
kenramp

kenramp

Reaction score
It kicked off my check engine light also, My Ford app has the fault as a Misfire. Scheduled to go into the dealer on Thursday. Will keep you posted.a79e8003314801eec500aa9ff53f7735.jpg

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the exact same message on mine. I assume it has something to do with the cold. Tried to call the dealer today but they are closed.
Tone

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took my truck to the dealer today. Was told that it needed a new battery and a fuel level sensor. Not sure how a new battery would be responsible for my instrument panel being dark even though the truck was running and restarted three times without issue. Also the fuel level gauge appears to being measuring my tank accurately but hey, I'm not a technician. The parts should be in tomorrow and I will keep you guys posted.

Tone

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do both of you guys have 2017's ?

and Tonecapone...were there codes that led the techs to the fuel level sensor and battery?? Seems random.

OP
OP
kenramp

kenramp

Reaction score

and Tonecapone...were there codes that led the techs to the fuel level sensor and battery?? Seems random.
I have a 2017 built Dec 17, 2016. It goes in the shop tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a 2017 that was built in October. Do not know the code number but I was told that the fault told them it was a fuel level sensor. I am more of a back yard mechanic but I do not see how a weak battery will start the truck and run the lights fine but the dash was black humming with warning lights flashing. Also the fuel level was reading fine. However the dealer stated that these were the Ford recs steps. The truck ran fine and the monitor worked when I took it in but the check engine light was still on.

One other thing that I noticed over the last week was that in the morning when I go out to start my truck in the morning the dashboard is always on the "my view" screen. No matter what screen I left it in off-road or raptor screens it is in my view when I start it.
Tone

OP
OP
kenramp

kenramp

Reaction score
I have a 2017 that was built in October. Do not know the code number but I was told that the fault told them it was a fuel level sensor. I am more of a back yard mechanic but I do not see how a weak battery will start the truck and run the lights fine but the dash was black humming with warning lights flashing. Also the fuel level was reading fine. However the dealer stated that these were the Ford recs steps. The truck ran fine and the monitor worked when I took it in but the check engine light was still on.

One other thing that I noticed over the last week was that in the morning when I go out to start my truck in the morning the dashboard is always on the "my view" screen. No matter what screen I left it in off-road or raptor screens it is in my view when I start it.
Tone

WOW, I have have realized lately that 50% of the time my dash was on the My View menu screen instead of one of the gauges like it normally was. Maybe the battery could be the culprit considering all the electronics, they could just not be very tolerant to a drop in voltage.

I should be getting mine back today, they were suppose to work on it bright and early. Will keep you posted.

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck back today. Everything is working well. It looks like they replaced the ACIM module as well as the battery and the fuel level sensor. On the plus side, it looks like I know have the heated/cooled seats and steering wheel icon on my radio home screen without using a Forscan. Was this a Ford update that I was not aware of?
Thanks,
Tone