Daily Driver + Sports Car --> Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of all the vehicles I’ve owned or driven (and in 65 years that’s a few), My Raptor is my far and away fave.
I’ve often called it my “comfortable, 4WD, utilitarian do it all Mach 1.”

Once you own one, all others pale in comparison. :)
V/R
Smokey

JD03Cobra

Reaction score
I have a CTS V (800hp) and a Gen V GTS Viper for fun, both manuals. I added the Raptor with low expectations, never driven one nor am I a truck guy. Shockingly I have been extremely impressed and enjoy the heck out if it. More than my sports cars!! But I don't think I would be happy with just the Raptor, it would hold me over for a while though. A Raptor R or a TRX might do the trick but but I won't pay the 130+ for a Raptor R and I don't want a TRX over the Ford. Tough choices but I'm super happy with my Raptor.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a CTS V (800hp) and a Gen V GTS Viper for fun, both manuals. I added the Raptor with low expectations, never driven one nor am I a truck guy. Shockingly I have been extremely impressed and enjoy the heck out if it. More than my sports cars!! But I don't think I would be happy with just the Raptor, it would hold me over for a while though. A Raptor R or a TRX might do the trick but but I won't pay the 130+ for a Raptor R and I don't want a TRX over the Ford. Tough choices but I'm super happy with my Raptor.

Here is my question... out of all of the vehicles that I want the most... The Viper ACR is what I dream of. With that being said... if I get a Viper GTS or GTC what am I missing from the ACR?

I am most interesting in making 1000RWHP and stopping there if I get the Viper first vs the F12 Berlinetta.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my question... out of all of the vehicles that I want the most... The Viper ACR is what I dream of. With that being said... if I get a Viper GTS or GTC what am I missing from the ACR?

I am most interesting in making 1000RWHP and stopping there if I get the Viper first vs the F12 Berlinetta.
i'd think that with 1000whp the aero of the ACR would reduce the pucker factor significantly as speed increases. also get what you want the first time around so you're not questioning yourself down the line.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@tm965 I mean...

What you're saying is.... beyond my wallet LOL. I would have to wait until mid 2024 and I am impatient. I will have 1 of 3 of my dream cars this year.

JD03Cobra

Reaction score

You have good taste! The ACR package is all about downforce, complete aero package. It has stiffer springs and optional Carbon brakes. Power wise all the Gen V Vipers are equal...they are all track cars you can drive on the street.

GTS is the perfect combo. ACR aero and springs can be added if you are an extreme track guy.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have good taste! The ACR package is all about downforce, complete aero package. It has stiffer springs and optional Carbon brakes. Power wise all the Gen V Vipers are equal...they are all track cars you can drive on the street.

GTS is the perfect combo. ACR aero and springs can be added if you are an extreme track guy.

Glad to hear the power plant is all the same.

In essence I can get a GTS or GTC and just slap me a big boy **** on it.