Daily Driver + Sports Car --> Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that v6 fusion is one of the greatest sleep cars of all time. Id love to own one.
I'm having a hard time not doing a tuner on it.. I surprised the he'll out of chevy SS for quite awhile on the highway the other morning, but yes very inconspicuous

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I've owned sports cars all my life since I was 19. I love my Raptor more than any of them. When the shtf and infrastructure goes down the toilet, a Maserati isn't going to make it down a regular street, let alone 30 miles into the wild where no roads exist. Still have a 5-speed manual convertible sports car that sits in the garage unused attached to a battery tender. LOVE the Raptor.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP how much joy does the GT bring you when you drive it?

And will you be able to do any off-roading in the Raptor?

OP
OP
H

Hagdio72

Reaction score
I've owned sports cars all my life since I was 19. I love my Raptor more than any of them. When the shtf and infrastructure goes down the toilet, a Maserati isn't going to make it down a regular street, let alone 30 miles into the wild where no roads exist. Still have a 5-speed manual convertible sports car that sits in the garage unused attached to a battery tender. LOVE the Raptor.
Haha the comment about SHTF resonates with me. The same thing crosses my mind. Mustang would be completely useless in that scenario, whereas I'd feel almost invincible in a Raptor.

Thanks for your perspective. I also like the idea of only paying for gas, modding, and paying property tax on one vehicle instead of two.

OP
OP
H

Hagdio72

Reaction score
OP how much joy does the GT bring you when you drive it?

And will you be able to do any off-roading in the Raptor?
There are definitley days where I'm very happy I have it. It's not necessarily the speed that's exciting, it's more shifting gears and the throaty/aggressive exhaust sound that brings me the most joy.

Off-roading with with Raptor will be very limited. I will admit that it will be a pavement princess/mall crawler 90% of the time. I know some will say I shouldn't even consider the Raptor then, but it's still appealing to me. It just has such a presence and more of a cool factor than other trims. Also will hardly be doing any towing at all.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are definitley days where I'm very happy I have it. It's not necessarily the speed that's exciting, it's more shifting gears and the throaty/aggressive exhaust sound that brings me the most joy.

Off-roading with with Raptor will be very limited. I will admit that it will be a pavement princess/mall crawler 90% of the time. I know some will say I shouldn't even consider the Raptor then, but it's still appealing to me. It just has such a presence and more of a cool factor than other trims. Also will hardly be doing any towing at all.
The sound, visceral feeling and engagement, and manual transmission are the reasons I couldn’t part with my 350. As time goes on it becomes slower compared to new cars, but I don’t really care about that, not that it’s slow by any means. But sound and rowing through gears are two things you won’t get from the Raptor (you’ll get the sound with the R).

I won’t knock you for saying it won’t go off-road, in my opinion it’s the best dd I’ve ever owned. I’m also fortunate to live in an area with the right off roading for the truck though. The reason I ask is because actually taking the Raptor off road and using it as intended is easily as fun, if not more fun, than taking a performance car to the track. So that could sway me towards giving up a sports car if that makes sense.

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
I wish I could DD my Raptor. But between gas prices and an 88 mile round-trip to work (90% highway), I'd rather put those miles towards something "fun." Y'know, nice long road trips or off-roading in some capacity. This also means I get to put money towards ammo or a new gun, lol. I do also have a '19 5 speed Fiesta, which satisfies my manual itch. Had I thought more about it I kinda wish I would've gotten the ST, but I just wanted something cheap for the work commute. Still fun to drive tho.

PGas32

Reaction score
I’m a big time Porsche and race car guy, and I’m a few days into Raptor ownership so I can offer my perspective here. I went from a Cayman and Cayenne to a Raptor. For my life right now, it’s the right move. I absolutely love the Raptor and it’s practicality. I’ve got three little kids, and ‘only’ a three car garage (which is really 2), so right now the combo of Explorer ST kid hauler for my wife and Raptor for me is perfect. And I think we’ll grow into and find new uses for the Raptor, too…stuff like camping and cycling. I value simplicity right now, so two vehicles is great. Only you know your own situation, but I think the Raptor is a fantastic do-it-all machine that can be just as entertaining as a sports car

OP
OP
H

Hagdio72

Reaction score
The sound, visceral feeling and engagement, and manual transmission are the reasons I couldn’t part with my 350. As time goes on it becomes slower compared to new cars, but I don’t really care about that, not that it’s slow by any means. But sound and rowing through gears are two things you won’t get from the Raptor (you’ll get the sound with the R).

I won’t knock you for saying it won’t go off-road, in my opinion it’s the best dd I’ve ever owned. I’m also fortunate to live in an area with the right off roading for the truck though. The reason I ask is because actually taking the Raptor off road and using it as intended is easily as fun, if not more fun, than taking a performance car to the track. So that could sway me towards giving up a sports car if that makes sense.
I bet that visceral experience is even more profound with a GT350 relative to my GT. Completely understand what you're saying.

I'm in the Charlotte, NC area. I don't think there are great trails or opportunities to fully utilize the Raptor off-road nearby, but we do have mountains/hills to our west and beaches/sand to our east, so I'm sure there are opportunities out there, I would just have to find them and make a trip out of it.

OP
OP
H

Hagdio72

Reaction score
I’m a big time Porsche and race car guy, and I’m a few days into Raptor ownership so I can offer my perspective here. I went from a Cayman and Cayenne to a Raptor. For my life right now, it’s the right move. I absolutely love the Raptor and it’s practicality. I’ve got three little kids, and ‘only’ a three car garage (which is really 2), so right now the combo of Explorer ST kid hauler for my wife and Raptor for me is perfect. And I think we’ll grow into and find new uses for the Raptor, too…stuff like camping and cycling. I value simplicity right now, so two vehicles is great. Only you know your own situation, but I think the Raptor is a fantastic do-it-all machine that can be just as entertaining as a sports car
Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you mentioned this. I'm not married and don't have kids, so it's easier to justify having a 2-door sports car right now. If I was married with kids, Mustang would be gone and likely not an option unless I had enougnh cash to have 3 cars. Point I'm making is that I can always get a Raptor later in life since that's a practical and family friendly vehicle, so I should get the sports car stuff out of the way now.