CV Fab intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok never did any mechanical work except installing a jb+ on my BMW but I decided it’s time to learn. And my son is 14 so he’s a good helper. Plus my neighbor is like Ken Miles

So... took about 6 hours to take out the stock IC, clean all the mud under there so it didn’t fall in our faces (even though it still did). Also included in the time was a quick snack break, a trip to Publix for potatoes (they didn’t have any earlier because everyone is prepping for the zombie apocalypse) and grill some steaks for dinner.

pretty straightforward install. Only ran into 3 issues. First has to take off the shrouding around the louvre to allow extra room. Second the gray piece that locks the blow off valve onto the IC was tricky to put back on ( my neighbor has to help). And last the large flexible hose (I think cold side) had some trouble staying on. All in all happy to say we made it through.

Now waiting for my Cobb Accessport to flash! Here’s a pic from this afternoon...

BEE118F2-54D2-43F6-9326-BF0CCB6745BB.jpeg

IMG_2997.jpeg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I do hope you paid your helper and it wasn’t slave labor. Minimum wage for that work would be 2 hours Raptor driving time - off road of course, since he’s chronologically challenged.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is your son giving the middle finger to the FRF community? How dare he.

Ok never did any mechanical work except installing a jb+ on my BMW but I decided it’s time to learn. And my son is 14 so he’s a good helper. Plus my neighbor is like Ken Miles

So... took about 6 hours to take out the stock IC, clean all the mud under there so it didn’t fall in our faces (even though it still did). Also included in the time was a quick snack break, a trip to Publix for potatoes (they didn’t have any earlier because everyone is prepping for the zombie apocalypse) and grill some steaks for dinner.

pretty straightforward install. Only ran into 3 issues. First has to take off the shrouding around the louvre to allow extra room. Second the gray piece that locks the blow off valve onto the IC was tricky to put back on ( my neighbor has to help). And last the large flexible hose (I think cold side) had some trouble staying on. All in all happy to say we made it through.

Now waiting for my Cobb Accessport to flash! Here’s a pic from this afternoon...

View attachment 139598

OP
OP
gordo

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do hope you paid your helper and it wasn’t slave labor. Minimum wage for that work would be 2 hours Raptor driving time - off road of course, since he’s chronologically challenged.

I'm shocked he has taken an interest in it. Usually I have to pry him from his phone or video games. He thinks in a year and a half when he turns 16, I'm giving it to him.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It`s nice to see a father and son working or destroying something. Seriously it seems like it just doesn't happen any more. My dad died when I was 5 but I was lucky?? to have two older brothers that were true motorheads. I can`t remember how many junk yardS in NJ,PA,MD that I tagged along with to find parts for a 55 chevy no post and a 57 Nomad wagon and countless others. that led to motorcycles and then Flat Track racing, played with some air cooled dune buggies and the boats and finally drag boats. I learned from school and a lot of real life experience that helped me be one stay ahead of the other guy
So angry young teen as I finish writing this I to am flipping you off too, but with respect and the best of intentions for you
Angry Old man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter