CV Boots Popping or breaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metroman

Reaction score
FYI I figured something out today about CV boots on Ford Raptors. I have broken a lot of them. I have been using the replacements from SDHQ. Today I just got my Silver Raptor back from prep and after one jump not in 4WD the drivers side inner boot broke a small hole in it and blew grease out. This was about the third time one blew out for no reason. The passenger side one was looking puffy. There were packed and sealed at sea level. I live at 8,000 feet. Air expands as you gain altitude. I stuck a screw driver under the seals of the non broken puffy looking boots and a lot of air escaped from all three. A LOT. Then the boots looked more normal and not sooo puffy.

So if you go up to higher altitudes and drive hard and a CV boot breaks for unknown reasons maybe you are experiencing what I have. Blowouts due to internal air pressure.