CV Boot Kit for spares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canks

Reaction score
Having a hard time finding an easy solution for spare cv boots. What do you carry with you as cv boot spares?

OP
OP
C

Canks

Reaction score
What is the OEM part number for the boots? When I look it up based on my vin it states "without Raptor" ... Weird that its not super easy to find. Or I'm blind?

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe Ford sells just the boot. When I was looking they only sold the whole CV shaft. I wish someone made a nice silicone replacement as I keep having an issue with the boot clamp breaking due to the stock boot not being flexible enough.

KAJRIP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe Ford sells just the boot. When I was looking they only sold the whole CV shaft. I wish someone made a nice silicone replacement as I keep having an issue with the boot clamp breaking due to the stock boot not being flexible enough.

I think you may be correct here. I had a small pin hole in a boot on my ‘17 and Ford replaced the whole shaft under warranty.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Kartek sells 930 boots that fit the ford CVs/axles.

I carry PRP PVC/Velcro Emergency repair boots in my spares kit. I'm not keen on doing a boot swap on trail, or in a hotel parking lot because I rarely have access to a vice to do it properly.

If someone rips a boot, I'll duct tape the actual boot and throw the emergency boot on over it.

https://www.prpseats.com/product/emergency-cv-boot-covers/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc