Custom Built Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone had a custom exhaust built that they are happy with. I have a local guy that does insane work with stainless and wanted to possibly let him have at it. Just trying to figure out what muffler and resonators to use. Possibly something like the MBRP set up.

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know of any personally, but i have heard a couple of "Custom" systems that were "OK" sounding.
one was a setup with dual Magnaflow 18" Race mufflers and a H-Pipe in place of the resonator.

the other i heard was a custom system with dual Carven mufflers. sounded real good at idle but once it was cracked into, it all fell apart

"Hope i am allowed to share those links"
personally, i think by now i have realized there isnt much hope for "improved" sound on the V6

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've had quite a few exhausts on different vehicles over the years and never really enjoyed the rasp that comes with most off the shelf systems. The ultra quiet Vibrant resonators are amazing at killing the rasp. They're pretty popular on the F150 forum. People adding them to off the shelf catbacks and making huge improvements in tone.
https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1527_1032_1055

RW17FX4

Reaction score
i dont know of any personally, but i have heard a couple of "Custom" systems that were "OK" sounding.
one was a setup with dual Magnaflow 18" Race mufflers and a H-Pipe in place of the resonator.

the other i heard was a custom system with dual Carven mufflers. sounded real good at idle but once it was cracked into, it all fell apart

"Hope i am allowed to share those links"
personally, i think by now i have realized there isnt much hope for "improved" sound on the V6

i’m basically running the same custom setup as the top video....

SPD turbo adapters, Corsa X pipe, Magnaflow 18” resonators, and Corsa tips