Crushed Skid Plate- Satnav- Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rorywg

Reaction score
Hi, Im a new Raptor owner- exported a used 2010 6.2l from the US to Dubai early this year. The truck is incredible... Much better than i am at driving it. If anybody out there can help with a few things, i would be very grateful-

1. Skid plate and front bumper- i have buckled the skid plate and knocked off one of the front bumper covers. I am looking to ship from the US replacements. Any recommendatios? The terrain out here is mainly sand dunes, some of them pretty big and steep, and the front end can hit pretty hard...i want something tougher than the OEM kit. How hard is it to replace the bumper and skid plate?

2. Suspension setup- i saw on another thread that some users raise the front to the 'moderate' setting. Is this recommended? Is it easy to do?

3. My raptor has GPS, but even though I am in Dubai, the satnav thinks it is still in New Jersey. This is funny, but not very useful! Does anybody know how to change the hard drive (i guess?) to get a local Mapping system?

4. What other simple mods to people recommend? The truck is my daily drive to work, and I use it at weekend for camping trips and for scaring myself and friends in the desert.

Thanks for your help!

Rorywg

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a Addictive Desert Designs frobt bumper they are well built and very tough

Sent from my Note2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355678080653.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355678080653.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 149
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355678093581.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355678093581.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 128

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are out having fun with your Raptor! Stock skid plates are not that strong and lots of guys have wasted them before upgrading.

Bumpers, Lots and lots to choose from. I have run SDHQ and Outlaw bumpers. RPG also has some nice ones out. Pick what you like. I prefer ones that mount to the lower A arm brackets as well as the frame horns. The stock frame horns are easy to bend if you bang the bumper on the ground.

Go for the middle perch. Really makes a big difference and the nose of the truck will not dive as much. You will like it.

GPS- sorry, no help there. I run a lowrance to get the tracks I need for Southwest US and Mexico.

You really should add a rear brace and bump stop. Will help protect your truck and ease bigger hits. Your run at night? lights are aways nice! Watch your trans temp and see how hot it is getting with the kind of driving you are doing. I ended up adding a large trans cooler from Outlaw to get the temps under control.

Have fun fixing it up.

OP
OP
Rorywg

Rorywg

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.... I am looking to have ADD ship bumpers out to me. Who supplies rear brace and bump stop? Are they expensive?

Sorry if these are dumb questions...

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries, There are a few shops offering bump stop kits and they are all around the same price.
RPG stage 2 - $1499
Outlaw Raptor bump kit - $1499
SDHQ - bump kit - $1445

Take a look at them online.

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board.

I'm in Abu Dhabi and had a similar situation. My front bumper was gone after 2 outings. I went with the ADD stealth bumper with thicker skid plates and mid perch mod. Even with those mods my front skid plate on the ADD is bent but I don't mind it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
Rorywg

Rorywg

Reaction score
That's fantastic.... How long did it take for ADD to ship to AUH? And did you get the bump kit from them?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as far as i know, there is no map data available for other countries. the raptor was built as a north american vehicle and is not imported by ford, therefore there will not be any data available....... this is what a friend of mine from sony said...... however we could be wrong, but i have not seen or heard of someone getting map data for another country as of yet

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fabrication and shipping took several months. Perhaps they have them available now though. Try dropping ADD an email or PM. I didn't do a bump kit.

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20121210121446.jpg

Don't get the ADD stuff. SDHQ bumpers are much nicer looking and better built IMHO