Cosmetic Warranty Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeadFootTarp

Reaction score
I picked up my Gold CPO 2020 Raptor on Black Friday. Along with the Gold CPO warranties I added a Ford ESP as well. After spending some time with the truck I’ve found some cosmetic issues that I’m hoping to have fixed under the factory B2B warranty. They are misalignment issues with the front grill and hood and what I think may be a paint defect. I would love to hear if anyone has had similar issues or experiences. Below are pictures of the problem areas.

Attachments

• D646CDA9-11F1-4B3F-80B3-ABAEAC49FCC3.jpeg
    D646CDA9-11F1-4B3F-80B3-ABAEAC49FCC3.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 101
  • D8458D2B-48C9-4F08-921C-E37AF78528D1.jpeg
    D8458D2B-48C9-4F08-921C-E37AF78528D1.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 102
  • A9B87C71-22EF-4C1E-A540-987C250A0313.jpeg
    A9B87C71-22EF-4C1E-A540-987C250A0313.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 102

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That fender looks like it is cracked. The other 2 things, well, I think are a non issue on a used vehicle. Honestly, think you are being too picky with the grill, actually hood gap, lol.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
honestly, that looks like collision damage. Or, rather, the remnants of a collision repair. if you didn’t raise these issues at the time you were negotiating, I’d expect some difficulty getting them covered.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FyI I test drove a “Gold CPO” truck the other day and it had scratches and other ****** cometic ware. Sun roof completely broke on testdrive and would not close. ALWAYS get your used truck or car inspected by a very good mechanic with body paint measuring equipment. In my case i wound up with a super clean 19 that had the door re-painted due to something like a shopping cart dent the size of a quarter. Not reported on carfax. The mechanics and udercarridge were flawless however. I wound up getting a big discount. I dont care about the door being repainted because its no bondo and only way anyone could wver tell is with a 700-1000 dollar paint depth tester.
All im saying is - be careful with this gold cirt ****. I compromised a small dent no one will ever notice for near new inside and out condition. Im buying the extended warranty from flood and that baaically “ gold certifies” it.

Teraflx

Reaction score
honestly, that looks like collision damage. Or, rather, the remnants of a collision repair. if you didn’t raise these issues at the time you were negotiating, I’d expect some difficulty getting them covered.
That is what it looks like to me too. I would bet its been in an accident and fixed. If it didn't show up on Carfax it could have easily been fixed by a smaller shop that doesn't report to them.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That is what it looks like to me too. I would bet its been in an accident and fixed. If it didn't show up on Carfax it could have easily been fixed by a smaller shop that doesn't report to them.

serious question: Are there really body shops out there that don’t care that much? Unfortunately, I’ve been in a few collisions, deer, other vehicles and my experience with body shops has been largely positive. Not speaking of the process mind you. The 2 times I had my Mustangs worked on by local places in southern MD, both shops refused to accept or work with “quality replacement” parts, only factory OEM for repairs. Custom work was different. One of them was a custom shop and gave me a tour of various projects underway. Needless to say, when I got it back, alignment was literally perfect to within a thousandth of an inch. He told me they would use calipers to ensure it was right, so I checked with my own. Most of the body shop folks I’ve interacted with seem to scoff at sub-perfection.