Corrosion on various parts of new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirt Bag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen unusual amounts of corrosion on their transmission pans and various bits of armor and brackets under their trucks ?
My truck only has 1600miles and it has not been off road in sand or near the beach. The amount of corrosion seems highly unusual and I was told by the dealer that they don’t coat a lot of the parts at the factory like they used to.

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 126
OP
OP
Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in centeral Cal. with alot of cars and bikes moving through my life that never showed signs like this.
I just sold a GMC I have had for 12 years in the same area with nothing like this. It seems like the parts missed an aspect of metal treatment or coating prior to instalation.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:birgits_tiredcoffeeClean it---> Then clear coat everything with POR 15, except those parts that exceed 200+degrees.
Wear very good breathing protection or get a shop to do it.

I got rid of a 2000 Silverado that was rusted so bad underneath, that even the brake bleeder screws were rusted off. :disgust:

:Plugged:NHTSA :thumbsdown: still has a case pending
for excessive rust & corrosion underside of chassis for '99-'04 GM pickup trucks. No brakes!! :shocked:Yikes!!!
3 years going on 4 years pending. And we know that - 'THAT', is going nowhere under the current Administration.
:manos:

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen unusual amounts of corrosion on their transmission pans and various bits of armor and brackets under their trucks ?
My truck only has 1600miles and it has not been off road in sand or near the beach. The amount of corrosion seems highly unusual and I was told by the dealer that they don’t coat a lot of the parts at the factory like they used to.

Mine arrived with 10 miles on it with the exact same issue. It's because the truck was on a transport that was driven on a road that was heavily salted and all the spray from the truck/trailer sprayed all over the truck.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like I'm goin under the truck to give me undercarriage another "how's your father"!
I just like saying that! Thanks Austin powers!

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine arrived with 10 miles on it with the exact same issue. It's because the truck was on a transport that was driven on a road that was heavily salted and all the spray from the truck/trailer sprayed all over the truck.

I had a Mustang built in feb with the same signs of corrosion. It was from the salt at transport.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a new lightning in 04. Took it home and the next day put it on the lift. I was horrified at the rust under the truck. Took it right back. They offered to under coat it. I made them take it back. Only had it 2 days. They got me another truck. Found out later it sat on a rail car for 3 weeks in a rail yard up north in a snow storm. Jack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No luck yet.
The dealer just gave me the 1 800 Ford customer service number.
The service rep at the dealer even said she had to undercoat her truck but it was not this bad.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

I had a Mustang built in feb with the same signs of corrosion. It was from the salt at transport.

did ford do anything about it?