Corrected the paint and coated 17 over the weekend. And. Umm. Drove it....My thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#becausestreetqueen

While entirely possible or understanding that it's the best time to clean and prep your cars paint for easier cleaning and long lasting paint protection.

Have you ever washed a vehicle that has been ceramic coated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While entirely possible or understanding that it's the best time to clean and prep your cars paint for easier cleaning and long lasting paint protection.

Have you ever washed a vehicle that has been ceramic coated?

My truck gets washed about 4-5 times a year I don't care. Most of the time it is covered in dirt and mud from off roading.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck gets washed about 4-5 times a year I don't care. Most of the time it is covered in dirt and mud from off roading.

Nice! You must live somewhere good for off-road or use the truck for work. Jealous that you get to use your Raptors capabilities so often, Wish I could more. Mine sees more snow than dirt lately[emoji26]

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! You must live somewhere good for off-road or use the truck for work. Jealous that you get to use your Raptors capabilities so often, Wish I could more. Mine sees more snow than dirt lately[emoji26]

Make the trek out to one of the runs Road Adventure Drives

You won't be disappointed, we had a guy on the forum come from Virginia and he had a blast. He even had 20's and a lift lol.

For example 2 weeks ago
62DAB7D4-E225-42A4-89F3-E008CC4A4A75_zpsibm0aig5.jpg

After so many rock chips it aint worth it to worry about paint lol

Last edited:

SHOCKSOKET

Reaction score
Why would a brand new vehicle need paint correction?

I wouldn't trust any dealer recon department to touch such an expensive vehicle. My Shelby sat at the rail yard for almost 2 weeks in Oct before it shipped to dealer. Oxford white with raildust ALL OVER the hood. I'm hoping this isn't the case with the Raptor..

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trimmell. We all know you are not on the fence about buying. You will be buying a raptor with a TTV6.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
This is why I got Avalanche gray, especially for a truck It hides most everything pretty well. All I did was clay bar and Klasse AIO and called it good. The clay bar did show more contaminants in it than I expected. The nano coatings sounds great but I just don't know much about them yet.

But it's a truck and can't expect to keep it in the same sort of shape as my cars going forward.

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's great the owner let you drive the car too!

I love the grill on the gen 2s, it's one of my favorite features. Makes the truck look so chunky. The Gen 1 looks very dated after seeing the Gen 2s. Even TFL truck recently said the same thing - "you know something's a great design if it makes the previous model look very dated"

There is definitely more than the "feeling of more power" 38 hp and more importantly the 70 ft-lbs at way lower rpms is definitely more power. There is no argument. The gen 2s destroy the gen 1st in acceleration. Again, watch the TFL truck video, they did a drag race.

That's great to hear. I haven't driven a gen 2 yet, but good to hear that it's going to be a comfortable long distance cruiser.

Fair. The gen 2s are never going to sound great. That's a given going in.

eh what?!?!?! Couldn't disagree more. The gen 1 interiors are typical old school American shit box interiors. The plastic is ******, shiny and all manner of wrong. Across the board, American interiors have gotten better just in the last generation of cars, including in the gen 2s. Remember the C6 vette to C7 vette? Same story with the gen 1 raptor to gen 2.

Lol, you keep quoting TFL. No offense, they don't know what they are talking about half of the time and stumble around trying to find something technical to say. I really don't think anyone takes them serious.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Why would a brand new vehicle need paint correction?

Have you ever bought a brand new vehicle? They have swirls, buffer trails, scuffs and other crap 95% of the time. His 17' had a ton of swirls but nothing major. Dealerships don't have any idea how to wash vehicles properly and a log of the time the damage is done at the factory.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Trimmell. We all know you are not on the fence about buying. You will be buying a raptor with a TTV6.

Lol have you seen my previous comments? I'm definitely on the fence.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

#becausestreetqueen

Not accurate. Even if you're buying the truck to thrash you're better of getting the paint corrected and coating it at the beginning. It will be incredibly easy to wash and it will look its best the longest. Just because someone wants their paint not to be completely ****** on a $60k truck before they even get to enjoy it doesn't mean it will be a street queen.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Yep I used to have a D90. I took it on tight ass rutted out woody trails I'd never take my truck. But I pressure washed it and at least tried to buff out the nature stripes.