Coolant Reservoir cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justbob

Reaction score
Ok, strange question but my coolant reservoir cap was cracked on top. Tried to fix it but the act of threading it down just pops the crack open again (think they over tightened it during an oil change topping off the coolant). Went to order another off Rockauto and it looked different but assumed it was just a case of "Ford vs generic". Received it today and it wont thread on (different threads entirely). The other option on Rockauto doesn't inspire confidence that it is correct either (says FX2) Then looked at Amazon and Autozone (nothing but radiator caps there) but the Amazon options look the same as Rockauto. So, was wondering as part of the K&N set up that the previous owner did, does it come with a different coolant reservoir in order to create the "cold air box", or am I just missing how to order the right part (is it the FX2 one, and not the one listed for the 6.2 (know they came in the other Series as well, didnt think they would be different in coolant reservoirs though)).
Coolant caps.jpg

OP
OP
J

Justbob

Reaction score
Ok, just looked up the K&N site and see the cold air intake comes with a different reservoir......any ideas on how I can get a replacement cap other than through K&N?