Cool things about Gen3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
You got no idea how big of a change a 5 link system and Panhard bar is to the rear suspension. Infinetely better than leaf springs. Not even comparable. Moreover, everybody is hating on the V6. It has more power than most of you can handle so....

You ever enjoy the look on someone's face when they're driving a linked truck and you blow past them on leaf springs?

All it takes is tuning. Leaf springs are more durable and less maintenance. If you tune the suspension properly, they arent a disadvantage.

the 5 link will be easier for a novice driver to settle down with throttle input, but links aren't some magic pill that inherently makes a truck faster without the "driver mod".

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You ever enjoy the look on someone's face when they're driving a linked truck and you blow past them on leaf springs?

All it takes is tuning. Leaf springs are more durable and less maintenance. If you tune the suspension properly, they arent a disadvantage.

the 5 link will be easier for a novice driver to settle down with throttle input, but links aren't some magic pill that inherently makes a truck faster without the "driver mod".

at some point you should write a in depth suspension post to enlighten all of us here. You've got a wealth of knowledge that'd be great to tap into.

People with actual, functional suspension knowledge are few and far between.

Make a YouTube series and id bet you be famous.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
at some point you should write a in depth suspension post to enlighten all of us here. You've got a wealth of knowledge that'd be great to tap into.

People with actual, functional suspension knowledge are few and far between.

Make a YouTube series and id bet you be famous.

perhaps once I get myself relocated later this year.

Unfortunately, Louisiana doesn't really have terrain that is up to even getting my shocks warm, so it probably wouldn't be that interesting. Plus, I'd need party pals with different suspension setups to show the differences.