Connectivity Issues with Android Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke too soon. Today my entire Sync screen locked up. It disconnected bluetooth from my Samsung Note 8 then defaulted to the radio screen and locked up completely. Touch screen would not do any function no touch screen buttons worked. Steering wheel audio and phone buttons didnt work either. Only the round volume knob worked, tuner knob did not. Climate control temp knob did not work either. Restarting truck did not clear. Had to shut it down for half an hour to clear!

These issues started after the last Android update!

This Sync stuff is BS! Common Ford, get it right!!!

Last edited:

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use bluetooth now and media via Bluetooth.

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Galaxy Note here and same issues.

Using bluetooth when possible vs. USB cable makes it better. I've had the truck for a few weeks now. Almost everything fairly intuitive, but the SYNC 3, The SYNC 3 - Android Auto has been a pain. Almost workable now, but still a 2 to 3 out of 10. Some of the interplay between AA and SYNC3 is odd and very counter-intuitive. Almost at the point of saying F it to AA, but the Fordpass/Sync 3 search, nav is complete garbage by comparison. I might get better at asking it questions perfectly, but it is usually stunned and confused. And the reason I am using hands free is that I need to info and need that info transaction to be easy.