Come on hail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my question is WTF is wrong with trying to protect your 70k plus vehicle. obviously doesn't have the room in his garage. Its obviously not up all the time. if a storm is coming what is wrong with that. my guess is the sound from a storm blowing thru is louder than that thing. its a good Idea but unfortunately you cant put it up everywhere, only when your truck is at home and you are there to do it. if its not for you dont do it.

I know I wouldn't do it even though I cant park in the garage. my lot is too small to have a 3 car stuck with a normal side turned 2car. I miss my extra deep 3-1/2 car but moved and love this house more. trade offs. that thing would take too much time IMO. I just throw up a camping style canopy tent and drive under it. a few anchors in the concrete hold it down. The anchors are retractable and always there. just like the ones you use for those safety pool covers when you close them down for the winter. doesn't blow away that way.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a member of a Cybertruck forum the hail topic has come up. Most members feel that the 3mm thick (roughly 1/8”) SS exoskeleton will resist dents from virtually all hailstorms. Their concern is the huge windshield and glass roof.

The 3mm thick SS skin was a major selling point to reservation holders in OK, TX, CO, etc.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a member of a Cybertruck forum the hail topic has come up. Most members feel that the 3mm thick (roughly 1/8”) SS exoskeleton will resist dents from virtually all hailstorms. Their concern is the huge windshield and glass roof.

The 3mm thick SS skin was a major selling point to reservation holders in OK, TX, CO, etc.

Holy crap! I'm glad to say I've never been in hail like that.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow thats some big ass hail. I don't think I've seen anything bigger than a marble.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Cool. Now we know a truck that will never exist, is immune to hail

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

Hail damage on a Cybertruck would be more aesthetically pleasing than stock.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
wow thats some big ass hail. I don't think I've seen anything bigger than a marble.

after paperwork but before moving, our local agent sent pics of baseball sized hail that rolled through in TX. I think they just got the outside car fixed from that storm recently.

I’ve seen some pretty good T-storms in TX, starting the day I moved in. Still, ‘tweren’t no derecho ;-)

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would anyone else here be remotely annoyed if he was your neighbor??????????? I’d have to think there’s a fan of sorts constantly pumping air in like a kids bouncy house. Between the visual monstrosity and the noise…..wtf. If you agree please respond with a “like”. A pseudo neighborhood “poll” of sorts. At the very least the visual of this thing in front of a house is worth driving by slowly and admiring.
I hate to preach, as I'm about as far from a preacher as the Reverend Al and Jesse Jackson. But there's a great book for people who are bothered by little stuff and it's called "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff. And it's all Small Stuff." And your neighbor having a fan powering that bubble in his driveway is small stuff and a noise which, if you hear it at all, will quickly fade into the din and you won't even know it's there.

We had new neighbors move in next door. We are each on 2.5 acres and our homes are about 100 feet apart. They turned their property into a farm, complete with CAKADOODLE DO roosters. Now you want to hear something annoying? And you know what, they are nice people and so live and let live. After a few months of it bothering me, I almost never hear it anymore. And they are still there crowing up a storm.

Then I'm hearing a high pitched whistle. I go near the fence and determine it's their in-ground pool filter. I know they had to hear it and were going to fix it. Took about 2 weeks and they did. Better than me going over and antagonizing them.

Having been raised in NYC, I'd rather hear a rooster crow than constant car sirens, police sirens, fire dept and ambulances wailing by. Pick your poison.

I'm sure many of you have seen this, and if you haven't remember it well the next time you choose to pick an argument with a neighbor or anyone else for that matter.