Come on hail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to preach, as I'm about as far from a preacher as the Reverend Al and Jesse Jackson. But there's a great book for people who are bothered by little stuff and it's called "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff. And it's all Small Stuff." And your neighbor having a fan powering that bubble in his driveway is small stuff and a noise which, if you hear it at all, will quickly fade into the din and you won't even know it's there.

We had new neighbors move in next door. We are each on 2.5 acres and our homes are about 100 feet apart. They turned their property into a farm, complete with CAKADOODLE DO roosters. Now you want to hear something annoying? And you know what, they are nice people and so live and let live. After a few months of it bothering me, I almost never hear it anymore. And they are still there crowing up a storm.

Then I'm hearing a high pitched whistle. I go near the fence and determine it's their in-ground pool filter. I know they had to hear it and were going to fix it. Took about 2 weeks and they did. Better than me going over and antagonizing them.

Having been raised in NYC, I'd rather hear a rooster crow than constant car sirens, police sirens, fire dept and ambulances wailing by. Pick your poison.

I'm sure many of you have seen this, and if you haven't remember it well the next time you choose to pick an argument with a neighbor or anyone else for that matter.
Wow……you really seem to sweat the small stuff. Stuff like an irrelevant post on a forum. You may need to read that book again!

OP
OP
ganooch

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to have started this conversation. I am learning a lot about you folks by the way you react to someone's decision to protect their investment, likely hundreds or thousands of miles away from you, lol.

A couple of responses to good questions that have been raised:

This thing is not crazy loud. Think less than a bouncy house. A bit of fan noise that can never be heard inside someone's house, which is where they would be if there was a hail storm.

You are actually not screwed if the power goes out. The system comes with a connector for your cigarette lighter port in the truck. There is also another adapter that takes AA batteries that will power the system for one hour.

Responses from the neighbors when I set it up to get these pics and to see how long it really takes to set up have been entirely positive. Three neighbors asked for the details to purchase one for themselves, three other neighbors think it is cool as hell, but don't have a need as their vehicles fit in their garages.

To all the haters showing themselves here, some quick comments:

1) I paid a lot of money for this truck and this is my one option to protect it as it doesn't fit in the garage with my home gym and motorcycle in there

2) Your opinions mean nothing to me. This post wasn't made to assess your feelings about my choices, but to present a potential solution to others in a similar situation as myself

3) Your level of anger from the choices of someone you will never meet amuses me more than anything

4) I hope you all get your ******* untwisted after these photos of a hail protecting bubble that have triggered your emotions

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to have started this conversation. I am learning a lot about you folks by the way you react to someone's decision to protect their investment, likely hundreds or thousands of miles away from you, lol.

This thing is not crazy loud. Think less than a bouncy house. A bit of fan noise that can never be heard inside someone's house, which is where they would be if there was a hail storm.

You are actually not screwed if the power goes out. The system comes with a connector for your cigarette lighter port in the truck. There is also another adapter that takes AA batteries that will power the system for one hour.

Responses from the neighbors when I set it up to get these pics and to see how long it really takes to set up have been entirely positive. Three neighbors asked for the details to purchase one for themselves, three other neighbors think it is cool as hell, but don't have a need as their vehicles fit in their garages.

1) I paid a lot of money for this truck and this is my one option to protect it as it doesn't fit in the garage with my home gym and motorcycle in there

2) Your opinions mean nothing to me. This post wasn't made to assess your feelings about my choices, but to present a potential solution to others in a similar situation as myself

3) Your level of anger from the choices of someone you will never meet amuses me more than anything

4) I hope you all get your ******* untwisted after these photos of a hail protecting bubble that have triggered your emotions

Buddy, don't let it upset you. This is a very unique forum, but all the supposed anger and venomous comments aren't really meant to be vituperative. Most forums are heavily moderated where the mods throw strikes at members a la Sandy Koufax. This is a very loosey-goosey place where people engage their keyboard before their brains and just feel a need to attack others.

I think that bubble is kind of cool, having seen it before, and if it protects your Raptor -- kinda like those who spent thousands to put PPF on their offroad beast -- great. Who the F would want to come out and find ping-pong ball size dents in their vehicle. I know I wouldn't.

Here's a feel good story resulting from this nuthouse if you are still reading.

In 2019 a member posted he installed a new cold air intake and he felt it gave him a better exhaust sound and slightly more hp. Now, technically whether he was right, I haven't a clue. But good for him. Mods are fun, whether they deliver gobs of power or just a little. Well, some members here jumped on this dude as if he r a p e d and simonized their mother, calling him every name in the book. I, as I'm wont to do, chimed in and said calm down and lay off. If he's happy, great.

Next thing you know, I get a pm from that OP. He proceeds to tell me he's been in the aftermarket auto industry for decades and knows more than 95 percent of the members here. Now I have no way to know if he's being truthful. He thanks me for backing him. He proceeds to say he was the Chairman of SEMA in Vegas for about a decade or so.

Now he was talking my language. I wanted to get into SEMA forever without success as it's industry only. Again, no clue if what he was saying was true. I immediately replied: "SEMA?" A true bucket list item for me. He replied: "Really? Oh, you're in." We exchanged phone numbers and email and a few months later my SEMA credentials were in the mail. I went solo to Vegas, stayed 5 nights in the Bellagio, my favorite place there, enjoyed the spa every morning, and SEMA every afternoon for the next 4 days.

Moral of the story: It pays to be nice to people. Those who are true haters will get theirs in the end. Their wives are probably cheating on them with their best friendS, and they are just miserable people.

But put on your flame suit in this place and let it roll of like water on a duck.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Man, if I knew it bothered you that much, I would have piled on, too. :) Life is just a long list of missed opportunities.

OP
OP
ganooch

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buddy, don't let it upset you. This is a very unique forum, but all the supposed anger and venomous comments aren't really meant to be vituperative. Most forums are heavily moderated where the mods throw strikes at members a la Sandy Koufax. This is a very loosey-goosey place where people engage their keyboard before their brains and just feel a need to attack others.

I think that bubble is kind of cool, having seen it before, and if it protects your Raptor -- kinda like those who spent thousands to put PPF on their offroad beast -- great. Who the F would want to come out and find ping-pong ball size dents in their vehicle. I know I wouldn't.

Here's a feel good story resulting from this nuthouse if you are still reading.

In 2019 a member posted he installed a new cold air intake and he felt it gave him a better exhaust sound and slightly more hp. Now, technically whether he was right, I haven't a clue. But good for him. Mods are fun, whether they deliver gobs of power or just a little. Well, some members here jumped on this dude as if he r a p e d and simonized their mother, calling him every name in the book. I, as I'm wont to do, chimed in and said calm down and lay off. If he's happy, great.

Next thing you know, I get a pm from that OP. He proceeds to tell me he's been in the aftermarket auto industry for decades and knows more than 95 percent of the members here. Now I have no way to know if he's being truthful. He thanks me for backing him. He proceeds to say he was the Chairman of SEMA in Vegas for about a decade or so.

Now he was talking my language. I wanted to get into SEMA forever without success as it's industry only. Again, no clue if what he was saying was true. I immediately replied: "SEMA?" A true bucket list item for me. He replied: "Really? Oh, you're in." We exchanged phone numbers and email and a few months later my SEMA credentials were in the mail. I went solo to Vegas, stayed 5 nights in the Bellagio, my favorite place there, enjoyed the spa every morning, and SEMA every afternoon for the next 4 days.

Moral of the story: It pays to be nice to people. Those who are true haters will get theirs in the end. Their wives are probably cheating on them with their best friendS, and they are just miserable people.

But put on your flame suit in this place and let it roll of like water on a duck.
Lol, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. These keyboard warriors can have their fun, they are entitled to it, even at other's expense. Personally, I think it is cute. If that is how you choose to vent your frustration at the world, have at it.

OP
OP
ganooch

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: it hailed last night. One storm came through at 9:30 pm and the hail protector was up. There was wind, rain, but no hail. There was a small chance of another small cell sweeping through around 2am. I asked myself if I wanted to keep this thing blown up all night for the small chance that it may hail.

I decided to leave it running. I woke up at 3:15am to hail hammering my bedroom window. Texans will know the sound. Went out this morning to no damage. My next door neighbor has a couple of good dents in his GMC. He is ordering a hail protector today.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Update: it hailed last night. One storm came through at 9:30 pm and the hail protector was up. There was wind, rain, but no hail. There was a small chance of another small cell sweeping through around 2am. I asked myself if I wanted to keep this thing blown up all night for the small chance that it may hail.

I decided to leave it running. I woke up at 3:15am to hail hammering my bedroom window. Texans will know the sound. Went out this morning to no damage. My next door neighbor has a couple of good dents in his GMC. He is ordering a hail protector today.
It's time to quit s c r e w i n g around!

Capture.JPG