Come on hail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only problem I see with the bubble, and I’ve seen it before, pretty cool, is what happens when you are out driving and a hail storm pops up? I think you need one of those inflatable airbags motorcyclists and downhill skiers wear that pops out from underneath and surrounds the vee hi kul.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Btw, much better choice. Drive in and out.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would anyone else here be remotely annoyed if he was your neighbor??????????? I’d have to think there’s a fan of sorts constantly pumping air in like a kids bouncy house. Between the visual monstrosity and the noise…..wtf. If you agree please respond with a “like”. A pseudo neighborhood “poll” of sorts. At the very least the visual of this thing in front of a house is worth driving by slowly and admiring.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would anyone else here be remotely annoyed if he was your neighbor??????????? I’d have to think there’s a fan of sorts constantly pumping air in like a kids bouncy house. Between the visual monstrosity and the noise…..wtf. If you agree please respond with a “like”. A pseudo neighborhood “poll” of sorts. At the very least the visual of this thing in front of a house is worth driving by slowly and admiring.
I think these are only used when a storm is approaching. People do not put it up each time they park the vehicle.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can definitely see the value in keeping the hail off, but I know with my luck the one time I didn't set it up when I got home would be when football hail would come and wreck my truck. I'm not much of a "What do my neighbors think?" kind of guy.
When I first moved to Colorado there was a story in the paper about a guy who put his car in his garage when he saw a hailstorm on the way. A grapefruit-sized hailstone punched through his garage roof and broke his windshield. Too funny. Every few years there's a story about people being killed or badly injured when they run out to move their car into the garage during a hailstorm. That's not as funny, but Darwin did have a theory about them.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd be annoyed if it was noisy. And if I was still in high school, the urge to fu*k with it in the middle of the night would be irresistible. But visually? Not at all. Besides, if I complained, they'd probably ask me to get rid of all those blue tarps....

Txrunner

Reaction score
Over the years I have filed 4 hail claims on my vehicle. I have $100 comprehensive deductible, so even though I have had over $40K in damage I have only paid $400 bucks. Seems like nothing to me. The issue is the annoyance of getting hail repair, dealing with a piece of crap rental car, etc.

Well I decided to change insurance companies to get a better deal and I was dinged on every quote for too many comprehensive claims. Between my car, my wife's and my daughters, we have had like 10 claims.

So now I have this beast for my new Raptor. No ice will ever touch its ****** paint. $600, shipped from right up the road from me. 30 min for initial setup, 8 min to put on the truck each time, about 15-20 to fill it up. I got the largest size because the owner said although the Raptor is not a long bed, it is taller than most trucks.

That Corolla is my wife's rental car while her car is in the shop after my daughter wrecked it. That is exactly what I am driving for weeks every time the hail comes through.
Do you park it when storms come in? To avoid driving in mid storm.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think these are only used when a storm is approaching. People do not put it up each time they park the vehicle.
Therein lies the rub, T-storms don’t scheduled themselves and neither does hail. The more work this is to use, the less likely you’ll have it ready when it’s needed.

I would probably react with the sentiment of WTH is that, probably would ask and think to myself ‘not a bad idea’. What would annoy me literally 10x more is some other neighbor whining to me about how annoyed they were with his hail-buster 2.0 or whatever it’s called. It’s people like this who complain about the ‘visual monstrosity’ and noise it makes that ruin neighborhoods, make enemies of friends and make it why we can’t have nice things.

I can see and understand how if you’re crammed up your neighbor’s a$$ in tight quarters, HOA controlled communities this would surely cause a stir, but only among the crowd who feel the need to control what others do.

I have a distant neighbor with a garage that has a larger footprint than my entire house. Another has an RV and a 2nd garage about the same size attached to the carport to cover the RV. OMG! the noise and visual impact...

200.gif